1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
That's a beauty. Flat or curved trigger. Gold bead or fiber optic front sight. Doesn't matter. That thing is gorgeous!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Beautiful gun, for me I can’t do the flat trigger, love my Greider triggers on all my 1911’s but I agree re sights. Over the last couple of years I’ve slowly been replacing all my dead trijicon Night sights with fiber optics, welcome to 50 years old I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
North Central AZ Grasslands
3,321 Posts
beautiful pistol. Is that an older one? I am curious as to the Caspian frame

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,492 Posts
I had John Harrison make a gold bead FS for me. The bead is spherical, and highly polished. It catches much more light than the cylinder shaped gold bead on my Volkmann’s. I nutted up to polish the volkmann bead with the Dremel. I found I could polish it bright and round the shape to better reflect light. I recommend taking the sight off and taping areas you want to protect. I am thrilled with the results.

I like the idea of making the triggers the same. I think I’ll do the same . My trigger pull on both Volkmann’s and my PM 9 are all 3.25 to 3.5 lbs. I’m just now tinkering with my 22 pistol to get it in the same ballpark.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, this was a gun Luke made for himself when he first left Ed Brown. Found it on Gunbroker, it was stainless frame and blued slide at the time. I called Luke, and he said it was his old carry gun, so I bought it. Evidently, you can tell his old work because he blended the GS in the depressed position for the first few years he was in business. He wanted that to be a signature of his, but learned that customers want to photo guns without them having to be in hand at the time.

·
North Central AZ Grasslands
3,321 Posts
great info and great pistol. Best reset I have ever felt on a trigger. Sorry I sold mine, but at the time something else was calling my name.

Reactions: Kip and Blue Ridge

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know the feeling. There are a lot of guns I let go of that I want back! The trigger (and reset) on this gun is my favorite thing about it.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,492 Posts
When I bought my Volkmanns, it was right when he changed from Volkmann Custom to Volkmann Precision. He made the slides and frames for my guns. They are not Caspian.

Not sure on the earlier versions.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's an exclamation my buddy's grandfather would should out when he was surprised or really angry. Slightly takes the Lord's name in vain. He'd yell, "Sweet Feathery Jesus!" and we all thought it was funny enough to not just let it die with the man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts