1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not really the guy to answer this question and have no first-hand experience. But the answer I received to why a gen 2 magwell won't fit a c2 was the pin dosent line up. I'm sure someone more qualified to answer will be alone. But only makes sense that the opposite would be true.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just tried to throw a G2 magwell on a G1 grip. It didn't fit far back enough. When I removed it, it was really on there. Might be able to get it to fit if I force it on or shave some of the grip off. Might just be how they are shaped. The rest seems more narrow and thin on one. You'd think that would just fit, but it might be longer pushing it forward.

Automotive tire Black Synthetic rubber Font Gas

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tried to throw a G2 magwell on a G1 grip. It didn't fit far back enough. When I removed it, it was really on there. Might be able to get it to fit if I force it on or shave some of the grip off. Might just be how they are shaped. The rest seems more narrow and thin on one. You'd think that would just fit, but it might be longer pushing it forward.

View attachment 1014083
Interesting. Wonder what the actual difference is in the dimensions between the 2. But either way it will have to be spot on for the pin alignment in the grip.

·
Premium Member
Les Baer Elk Mountain Resort .45 government, Les Baer 38 Super Comanche, Colt 1991 gov, etc...
134 Posts
Interesting. Wonder what the actual difference is in the dimensions between the 2. But either way it will have to be spot on for the pin alignment in the grip.

I myself do not own a 2011 but would like to get one, maybe even build one. What I’m curious about though is why some of the grips are so expensive? I’ve seen them from $200 all the way past $500, why is that? Thought maybe you’d know more, thank you!!!

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I myself do not own a 2011 but would like to get one, maybe even build one. What I’m curious about though is why some of the grips are so expensive? I’ve seen them from $200 all the way past $500, why is that? Thought maybe you’d know more, thank you!!!
Good question. I have similar questions. Like where do these grips come from? What do they use for material? For what it’s worth, I just bought one of the more expensive ones. Liked the texture and full coverage pattern.

·
Premium Member
Les Baer Elk Mountain Resort .45 government, Les Baer 38 Super Comanche, Colt 1991 gov, etc...
134 Posts
Good question. I have similar questions. Like where do these grips come from? What do they use for material? For what it’s worth, I just bought one of the more expensive ones. Liked the texture and full coverage pattern.
There’s definitely a lot to choose from that’s for sure. I was just surprised at the various prices and I guess it all depends on quality, color, craftsmanship and the likes to. Be kinda hard paying more the grips than the slide and frame though. Oh well, something I’ll be needing to do my homework on.
Glad you found what you were looking for. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
G1 is 1mm shorter in length. Profile of the lip is different. Close but enough to not allow fitment.
G1 height of the front lip/tip point is slightly shorter. The shape in the front seems less curved than the G2.
G2 was more rounded in the front, so it's more surface area unless I'm seeing it wrong. The one with the larger magwell opening is the G2.

Drinkware Sleeve Tints and shades Linens Tableware

Drinkware Grey Table Cup Audio equipment

Glasses Rectangle Communication Device Gadget Eyewear

Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades

Hand Hood Sleeve Automotive tire Finger

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
So...

G1 Magwell fits G1/G2
G2 Magwell fits G2

Then it's the magazine basepads...

G2 Magwell fits most/all.
G1 Magwell fits some.

This is like a girl matching accessories.
What’s the separation date between the Gen1 and Gen2, as far as what year they changed? Thanks, definitely confusing when I’m not used to it but I’ll learn. Appreciate your time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts