George Witsil holster

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by CallmeIsh, Jan 11, 2017.

1. CallmeIsh

CallmeIsh Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2016
    So I'm getting ready to order an owb holster from Paul of Warbird Leather. He's done a fantastic job going back and forth with me in emails to make sure I get exactly what I want. Every detail imaginable is being discussed and it's been a pleasure going back and forth with him. The man knows his stuff.

While I finalize my choice for a custom holster I decided to take a look at what I can find online and came across this used George Witsil Iwb holster with elephant trim. There is a tiny bit of threading that's come undone at the mouth but for the most part this holster is beautful and fits my nighthawk like a glove. The seller also had a matching magazine pouch and a Wilson magazine and I couldn't pass it up. Have you guys heard of George Witsil and do some of you have his holsters? I'm just loving the look of this holster. Great to know there are so many makers producing such craftsmanship.

Attached Files:

41 Charlie likes this.
  2. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I'm not familiar with your new acquisition but Paul at Warbird is a good dude and makes nice stuff. I wear one of two mag carriers I have of his daily.

zipper046 and CallmeIsh like this.

3. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Not familiar with Mr. Witsil's work, but it appears top shelf. Nice aquisition!

CallmeIsh likes this.
  4. CallmeIsh

Nov 18, 2016
    Yeah I was initially going to purchase a milt sparks but so many people recommended Paul's work I had to contact him and talking to him has been educational. He gives a ton of detail about his work, the materials he uses and what he can do for a customer to meet their requests. Pretty cool.

5. CallmeIsh

Nov 18, 2016
    Thanks! I'll put up a bunch of pictures of the warbird holster I get as well.

Wilsonwessonbrown and 41 Charlie like this.
  6. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    When I found Paul I already had holsters from Sparks so all I've gotten from him have been mag carriers but they are top notch and he is quick.

Wilsonwessonbrown and CallmeIsh like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted