1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I’m getting close to the expected completion date on a ACW Prime Elite, and have been checking my emails numerous times daily to make sure I don’t miss any emails. What’s been everyone’s experience? Does ACW contact before completion or after the finish? Is communication typically through email? It’s my first time ordering a non production gun, and I appreciate any input on how it typically works!

·
Registered
10,104 Posts
@CS_762 those grips are spectacular :love:

@Jcking35 I always leave $500 as a balance on a build so that way they are tracking you down like all get out of hell before the gun leaves them.

I've heard occasional stories where paid in full guns have just arrived at the buyers FFL with no notice at all. (Not necessarily ACW but more a general comments)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@CS_762 those grips are spectacular :love:

@Jcking35 I always leave $500 as a balance on a build so that way they are tracking you down like all get out of hell before the gun leaves them.

I've heard occasional stories where paid in full guns have just arrived at the buyers FFL with no notice at all. (Not necessarily ACW but more a general comments)
I have a lot more than the $500. I have only paid the initial deposit and have just been trying to save up for when it is ready. Super excited for it!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Final invoice received on 9/14 via email (no prior communication)
Paid final invoice and provided FFL on 9/14
Shipped on 9/15
Received by FFL on 9/19 at 6:33pm
Dumping rounds in the backyard on 9/20 :D

Congrats on the future arrival and be sure to share pics with us ACW Addicts. We never get tired of seeing em.

That pistol is stunning!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My experience is that they contact via email once the gun is ready to ship. Now, be aware that the projected completion date you were given is only an estimate. Mine was shipped about three months after the estimated shipping date at the time I ordered.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My experience is that they contact via email once the gun is ready to ship. Now, be aware that the projected completion date you were given is only an estimate. Mine was shipped about three months after the estimated shipping date at the time I ordered.
I appreciate this! I would love to get it in ASAP, but another month to put to the gun fund wouldn’t hurt me either.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I appreciate this! I would love to get it in ASAP, but another month to put to the gun fund wouldn’t hurt me either.
It just depends on their backlog. I have a Cabot Rebellion order with a November estimated shipping date. It will be interesting to see if it gets to me before the new year. Don't sweat it ... it is worth the wait!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It just depends on their backlog. I have a Cabot Rebellion order with a November estimated shipping date. It will be interesting to see if it gets to me before the new year. Don't sweat it ... it is worth the wait!
I would love to see it / hear about it when you get it in. I was thinking of purchasing the rebellion one day, but not too many reviews out there on it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I would love to see it / hear about it when you get it in. I was thinking of purchasing the rebellion one day, but not too many reviews out there on it.
Rob Bianchin says the Rebellion is his EDC, so that speaks well for the gun considering he could EDC anything Cabot or ACW builds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts