1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a huge militaria and historical firearm buff, and interested in going the Curios & Relics (C&R) route via the ATF. Has anyone gone through this process, and if so, what was your experience? Do you have any advice on getting licensed, pitfalls to avoid and/or tips that you found useful during the process?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Awesome, thanks for the replies all! I've read that the process is relatively easy, but wasn't sure if in today's climate that process was fraught with issues.

A follow-up question: If I have an existing NFA gun trust, how does that impact the C&R application process?

And if I get my C&R license first and THEN an NFA gun trust, does that impact anything?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm a huge militaria and historical firearm buff, and interested in going the Curios & Relics (C&R) route via the ATF. Has anyone gone through this process, and if so, what was your experience? Do you have any advice on getting licensed, pitfalls to avoid and/or tips that you found useful during the process?
i was actually at the mom & pop gun store, when an ATF agent was there to do an audit. (this was just back in early July)

he was super cool and very talkative, and i had asked about such a license.

his words to me were, "it depends on what YOUR city/town code allows"..

some do not allow an FFL at your house, some do. some areas are no longer allowing, "kitchen table FFL's", unless you live way out into the country

then there are in some cities, building codes to be met, even if it IS at your home...

so after hearing that, and me living in a city, i didn't bother to apply myself.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
A C&R license is specifically for individuals that collect. So called "kitchen-table" FFLs is a term they like to use to refer to people who intend to buy and sell for a profit, from their home - it does NOT refer to people with a C&R. You don't go through an IOI exam to get a C&R, nor do you have to submit fingerprints with your application. It is a lot different than other types of FFLs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A C&R license is specifically for individuals that collect. So called "kitchen-table" FFLs is a term they like to use to refer to people who intend to buy and sell for a profit, from their home - it does NOT refer to people with a C&R. You don't go through an IOI exam to get a C&R, nor do you have to submit fingerprints with your application. It is a lot different than other types of FFLs.
Nice! Okay, that makes me feel a bit better, lol. Thank you. =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts