Getting New 6.5 Creedmore Colt Next Week - Anyone Use This Optic?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Busa Dave, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Have the trigger on order but this is different style optic that what I have used in the past. My research shows it is awesome for short range to 4 or 5 hundred yards. For my use, pigs maybe deer (truck gun) it is in reality a 40 to 400 yard rifle. Use the Elcan Spectors on my other AR's for years but this will be better for longer shooting. Always had good luck with S&B and Zeiss for that matter narrowed it to the 36mm Zeiss or this one.

Any thoughts?

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/police-and-military-forces/1-5-8x26-pm-ii-shortdot.html

2. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    The 5X is light for a precision 400 yd. shot IMO.
    Adequate for A/C zone on IPSC steel, sure.
    Pinpointing a heart/lung shot on a deer/hog at that distance I would prefer something in the 2-10 or 3-15X range to exploit the potential of the 6.5 CM.

Busa Dave and FWoo45 like this.

3. Busa Dave

Mar 3, 2018
    I agree 100 % that is why I am looking at this optic 1.5-8 power. Tough to get used to the lower power stuff when most of my time is behind my 1k br rifles in 6.5x284. :)

4. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Sorry, mid-read the info.
    8X would be adequate for what you propose using the gun for in my opinion.

The AR10’s tend to be pigs irregardless if scope/mount.
    I look at both of mine as “fixed position guns”, I’d never consider using them as still hunting guns.
    As a truck gun you’d haul out if a target of opportunity presented itself, or shooting from a tripod, it should be extremely effective.

Personally I’d still opt for a 2-10X with good glass.

Busa Dave and FWoo45 like this.
  5. Busa Dave

Mar 3, 2018
    Thanks I agree with everything you have said. Yes the LE901 is a little bigger, have one in 308 than the 5.56 model. THE ONLY reason I do not go with conventional glass is the occasional times we catch them in stock tanks at night during the summer. The dot sure is handy when you are shooting as many as you can as fast as you can!

gaijin likes this.
  6. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I like it. What reticle are you thinking? I have been known to over glass a rifle or two. Then I justify it by buying another gun and putting some sort of rds on the second gun. Like I would be packing them both and have my choice at any given time. What can I say, I'm an addict.

Busa Dave and gaijin like this.
  7. Busa Dave

Mar 3, 2018
    Well the P3 is fine for this one. There are only 2 offered for this particular optic. LOL to your comment about optics hits the nail on the head for me. Love good glass BUT it has to be perfect for the application and that is the best part about doing the research.

FWoo45 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted