1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The old Brown-Baer shot great at last Sunday's match so I'm going to shoot it at this coming weekend's big veteran's charity match. My rusty reloads the other day reminded me that I foolishly let my last Chen SI mag well go with the Colt Competition I sold last year. I checked Chen's site but there isn't any option for rush shipping. Luckily Brownell's can get them to you in two days but you have to pay extra and you don't get the candy or the personalized thank you note from Stan Chen. Still what you do get is a MSH/mag well combo that continues to amaze me with how well they fit.

The old Baer frames were made to standard dimensions so the the SI mag well fits great and it only took a few minutes to remove the old MSH and install the Chen. The fit and feel are terrific for a drop in part and the wide mouth will certainly help my reload speed. My stock of mag well cut grips is low but I think this red, white, and blue pinstriped set from now defunct Raasco will work just fine.:grin:
20200709_193154.jpg

20200709_193138.jpg

20200709_193250.jpg

20200709_193311.jpg

20200709_193325.jpg

20200709_193238.jpg

20200709_193222.jpg

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That’s a really good looking build! Good luck at the match!

Reactions: dash and WC145

·
born in the wrong century
4,962 Posts
Gun looks super.....ready for some patriotic fun.

Good to see the Baer frame fit up to the Chen so nicely.

·
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update - I came in 49th out 99 shooters, 2nd in single stack, not bad for a rusty old fat guy. And I didn't miss or bobble a single reload, thanks Stan Chen! I really enjoy shooting a steel .45ACP 1911 with iron sights and wearing a leather rig when I go to matches, especially when the field was dominated by polymer double stack 9mms with red dots and matching kydex and nylon gear.

Obligatory dirty gun pic, it was still warm when I took this.:grin:

·
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent WC!
I stubbornly (actually it’s my choice) run a single stack 1911 in leather at our matches.

Pooh on plastic!
Great minds! :thumbs:

Reactions: gps man and Kip

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,477 Posts
Missed this in the beginning.
Win all the way around,magwell fits beautiful(of course),you got Stan on our site,you placed very well,and those shoes look nice!
Now,YOUR shoes???? Think ya need the bunny slips bud!!!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts