1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a new Guncrafter Hellcat home today!
394C45B8-C3AE-4BEE-8F2A-829FEA12D9D5.jpeg

9C166DC9-674F-478A-815E-75441E6E9995.jpeg

3E441BBE-0155-4502-90B9-4591514F48F5.jpeg

This is my first Guncrafter. It’s a 9mm. I haven't shot it yet but I can say the fit and finish rivals any semi custom I’ve owned or seen including a former Supergrade. It’s tight all over yet the slide is very smooth on the rails. The barrel unlocks with that wonderful click I love and the trigger is possibly the best I’ve encountered in a 1911 out of the box. It looks and feels like it’s built for hard use, which is great because that’s exactly what I wanted...wasn’t looking for a safe queen.

I bought this from one of our forum sponsors, Cajun Concealed. If you’ve been wanting a Hellcat or just wanting a better look at them, you have to check out the current inventory on the Cajun Concealed website. Tyler has herded more Hellcats together than I could have imagined and his customer service is as top shelf as his inventory! We really have great sponsors on this forum!

Range report to follow hopefully in the next week. ;)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Very nice and Congrats! I sure like the looks of that color scheme. Tyler does have a bunch of those Hellcats in and he's great to deal with.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,288 Posts
That's a fine lookin GC
Congrats

Reactions: dash

·
Cogito ergo armatus sum
1,934 Posts
Very nice! GI is calling my name something serious.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,777 Posts
Very nice hellcat and yeah Tyler is awesome to work with! I’ve picked up a couple from him.

·
Premium Member
27,477 Posts
Congrats on the new Guncrafter. Phenomenal pistols for the price.

Wonder if you could help me out with a question. How does the “Battle Crown” work? Is it removable like a standard bushin or is it part of the barrel like a “flange” like Wilson has?

Thanks

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new Guncrafter. Phenomenal pistols for the price.

Wonder if you could help me out with a question. How does the “Battle Crown” work? Is it removable like a standard bushin or is it part of the barrel like a “flange” like Wilson has?
Thanks for the favorable comments. I’m now seeing why GI has such a strong following.

I haven’t disassembled it yet but the BattleCrown bushing appears to be fit like a standard bushing. It’s not a flanged barrel, although it has that appearance. I’ve had a few flanged barrel guns and always liked the aggressive look when given a deep recessed crown. This BattleCrown bushing gives that same look only on steroids! I’ve grown partial to the traditional bushing takedown as well so the Hellcat fit the bill well.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts