1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
HS Custom LLC
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently working on a few projects for a friend in Texas. This is project number two. This is a gift to his father but it has a couple of added benefits. One is conical and the other is a nice addition to the magwell area! Can you spot them? I admit this will be fun. Rock solid parts, no fancy bevels, balls or checkering. Straight GI on the outside but on the inside.....watch out! Let's get started.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
HS Custom LLC
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't figure out how you're going to get that fluted cylinder mounted though... :D
Ha! I'm like a squirrel this week. I'm off ALL week from the day job. This has never happened before. I don't know what to do except work on three things at once. Lol

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
And understanding math, too... :cry:
Having spent 30 years in aerospace tooling industry.. I was always around the machine & fabrication world of close tolerances. The math comes easy to me.
It was only when I decided to get hands on with 1911's that I wished I now had my own equipment. :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
Sorry OP for the side track thread......... it looks like its going to be a fun build!

·
The Tinker
4,478 Posts
@Dustin: I see the cone for the barrel (I have one sitting on my bench as well) and am just curious if the barrel is ramped or un-ramped? Just curious as I see you apparently measuring/locating the VIS?

Edit: Oh, and just wait until you no longer have to do your day job. :D

·
HS Custom LLC
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Dustin: I see the cone for the barrel (I have one sitting on my bench as well) and am just curious if the barrel is ramped or un-ramped? Just curious as I see you apparently measuring/locating the VIS?

Edit: Oh, and just wait until you no longer have to do your day job. :D
Heck man. I wish!

Barrel is a Kart non ramped. Ah it's been a bit since I've used Caspian. Just making sure the VIS is where it's supposed.

I can tell already I'm going to beed to clean up the frame ramp. Last Caspian frame though I had about .005 I could move it forward to clean it up. It looks like they use a bigger cutter that's slightly off center and dull. Lol

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,547 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Nice!
Currently working on a few projects for a friend in Texas. This is project number two. This is a gift to his father but it has a couple of added benefits. One is conical and the other is a nice addition to the magwell area! Can you spot them? I admit this will be fun. Rock solid parts, no fancy bevels, balls or checkering. Straight GI on the outside but on the inside.....watch out! Let's get started.

·
HS Custom LLC
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Barrel is fit. Doing a little something different on the end. Owner wanted some to overhang so it can be rounded like a revolver. Thankfully @joec 's .710 cone made it possible to achieve a long flat so I can have the overhang plus keep .1 inside for bearing. Slide ID is .7015. Cone is currently at .701. I'm VERY excited to shoot this one. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the crown area cleaned up, finished reamed so I can move on to the little bits.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.