1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Girsan MC1911 Hunter 10mm opinions?

6K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  freddo 
#1 ·
My LGS is selling the Girsan Hunter 6-inch in 10 mm new for $599.

I'm strongly tempted to pick one up, as I've wanted a longslide 1911 and a 10 mm for awhile.

Has anyone had experience with these? From the vague wording about "fully machined frame and slide," I suspect the frame is cast rather than forged.

Thanks!

#4 ·
So I picked one up. The gun's frame and slide are very tightly fitted. Sorta concerned about barrel fit, though. When the gun is closed and locked, i can push down on the chamber ... it moves slightly. They had five Girsan Hunters in the shop ... all of them did that. Is that a huge issue? All my other 1911s (all 5-inch .45s) have no movement.

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

#20 ·
I would not buy no gershons 10 mm cuz we've had ours about 6 months and the screw from the site was out and when he had it 6 months and it's been 3 months trying to get a screw the dealership said that they will they instead of sending it off they were going to go ahead and get it fixed Carson was sending us a screw and I've been waiting for 3 months I called them myself customer service sucks there's no other way to describe it

#6 ·
My LGS is selling the Girsan Hunter 6-inch in 10 mm new for $599.

I'm strongly tempted to pick one up, as I've wanted a longslide 1911 and a 10 mm for awhile.

Has anyone had experience with these? From the vague wording about "fully machined frame and slide," I suspect the frame is cast rather than forged.

Thanks!
$600!!! wow that is very affordable

#12 ·
My experience with the MC 1911S Hunter 10mm was not good. Right out of the case, the trigger press was terrible. I tore the gun down completely to clean and remove the factory "lube". The mainspring hammer spring seemed really strong. The sear spring looked odd with the tang(?) for the grip safety bent more than any sear spring I've dealt with. Reassembly was a bit of a struggle but I thought perhaps being a new gun it was just tight. There was no change to the trigger press. I shot 20 rounds through it in hopes that I would see some change during "break-in". The trigger is still very hard to press. I stopped shooting and disassembled it again thinking I missed something.
If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate hearing from you. I really don't want to deal with EAA has they seem to have a lot of customer service complaints.

#13 ·
My mc1911 s hunter has been stiff and gritty from the get go. I found my trigger bow rode rough in the slot in the frame, and there was a ridge in the frame opening where the trigger slides through, I’m still working on that. I got mine for a great price, a Sportsmans Warehouse special, it’s green, has a day glow front sight, and it’s the 1911 I’m going to learn on, obviously. I put a Wilson sear spring in it, and it helped, along with the sanding and buffing, for the trigger smoothness and finger pressure to fire. For me, just me, I like the looks of this pistol, and I’m going to make it run the way I want it to.

#14 ·
My experience has been very good so far. The fit and finish is as good as it gets. I have only put about 100 rounds through it but it has shown itself to be very accurate with all loads up to some of the hottest Buffalo Bore loads. The only problem I've had is that the slide locks open on every round with the really hot loads. I asked a gunsmith about it and he suggested using a heavier recoil spring (about 20 lbs). I'll leave another post when I have tried that. Recoil varies with the loads.

#17 ·
You need to find a Smith that can find his rear end with both hands. :ROFLMAO: To have a 10mm that shoots the full power loads reliably and not beat the hell out of the gun will not fire the lighter non full SAAMI specification reliably. I have a "few" 1911 10mm's and 4 of those are Commander length.

The recoil system of the 1911 functions with TWO springs (recoil and main) that function as an integrated system. That is a stone-cold fact.

#19 ·
My LGS is selling the Girsan Hunter 6-inch in 10 mm new for $599. I'm strongly tempted to pick one up, as I've wanted a longslide 1911 and a 10 mm for awhile. Has anyone had experience with these? From the vague wording about "fully machined frame and slide," I suspect the frame is cast rather than forged. Thanks!
I got a 10 mm one and it lasted about 6 months in the site that the screw fell out and we've been waiting 3 months just to get it fixed and they keep saying they're going to send the screw it's in the screw to the gun shop nothing is showed I wouldn't recommend them to nobody