1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Pulling my hair.
33,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you gift guns to family and friends? As I get older I have given a few away to friends and family.

A Savage 99 in .308 that belonged to my dad and a 9mm shield to a son. His twin brother got a Winchester model 70 in .270 and a 9mm shield. Thinking of giving them both an AR .5.56 this Xmas.

My youngest son has been given a model 12 in .16 ga. that belonged to my dad and a Marlin 30-30 that was made in 1956 and was my mothers.

My best buddy who lets me deer hunt his place I have given a Metro Arms 1911 GI, the 2nd one sold in the US, last year and a Ruger 10/22 this year. He didn't have a good .22 to teach his grandkids how to shoot. The Ruger I put together from parts given to me by some very special people in my life, Sawgrass and my boss, buddy Terry. The only thing I had to buy was a barrel.

My buddy who butchers some of my deer didn't have a pistol in his house to put in his truck or set by the bedside so I gave him a High Point in 9mm, yea I know a High Point but they go bang.

Gave another friend a .22 revolver, a Heritage because he didn't have a pistol to shoot with his grandsons.

Yea I know not many cost a bunch of money but they loved it and my buddies can't afford much do to health issues and had to retire early so living on SS or disability. They aren't starving but no extra money so to speak.

Only the 2 Shields were given at X-mas.

I have a few more I will give away soon so wondering if y'all do the same. Hell I can't take it with me so why not make other people happy. The reason I enjoy taking others out during hunting season and getting them a deer or other creature big or small. Plus give deer meat, squirrels, rabbits, etc to a couple of families who can use the meat. Boy the smiles on those peoples faces is well just well.......

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
A first for me this year, I'm gifting a firearm, a new HK P30SK to my brother in law. He only has a rather large high-cap Springfield of some type and could certainly use a CCW size. I’m fortunate to be in the position to buy him a nice gift, and he’s always liked HK. I can’t wait until he opens the present from me.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
I gave my Father Model 70 (Pre 64) to a nephew after it was given to me....I don't hunt and he did . I gave the 1st .22lf I was given as a kid to a neighbors son (after asking the Parent permission).I gave the last SKS I had to another Neighbors son (again with the Parents Permission) I gave a Mossberg 500 I had owned for year to another Neighbors son.....He had done 2 years in the Army so I didn't ask.

Just passing things down to others that might enjoy them as I don't have anyone to leave stuff too.

Karsten

·
Registered
714 Posts
Three years ago, I bought my sister her first handgun (first firearm of any kind, actually) for Christmas. I've bought my dad a couple shotguns. I'd happily buy my wife some firearms, too, if she showed any interest. My kids are way too young yet, but I'm really looking forward to getting them into shooting.

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
2,453 Posts
A Belgian Browning A5, made 1931/32 that my grandfather traded a milk cow to get in 1933 is going to a cousin in Omaha. A Savage 24DL .22/20ga was given to the boy I call my grandson, the day he was born. My grandfather bought it for me when I was born. There will be others as time passes.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Yea I know not many cost a bunch of money but they loved it and my buddies can't afford much do to health issues and had to retire early so living on SS or disability. They aren't starving but no extra money so to speak
BRAVE HEART :happy:
He truly understands what a real gift means & does. Merry Christmas Ed.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have not gifted away any of my personal firearms as gifts yet however may be a possibility in the (hopefully) distance future.
I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase some firearms last year for the grandkids (well the 2 that was old enough) and my three grown step sons. It started with number 1 grandson several years ago I had bought a Gator Engraved Ruger 10/22 it was his birthday present. The other 3 Grand's are girls, I figured I'd be off the hook to my surprise the oldest granddaughter told me she wanted a .22 rifle, so for her birthday I got her a Mossberg 22 rifle in Muddy Girl Blue, she loved it.
Christmas time the oldest step son is a police officer and he got a Leo Tribute Henry 22 rifle, middle son is a paramedic and I got him a EMT Tribute Henry 22 rifle, son number 3 drives a cement truck since Henry don't make a tribute to his profession and he was always borrowing my O/U shotgun. I bought him a Mossberg O/U Combo set with 20ga & 12ga barrels. They all loved them.
This year middle son and grandson getting an older Mossberg 500A 12ga for Dad and grand gets a youth Mossberg 500 20ga both picked up for pocket change from my friends pawn shop that's going out of business.
I think all will be surprised.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
I’ve given my son and daughter firearms for birthdays and Christmas . I’ve given them ARs and pistols nothing too extraordinary but nice new firearms.
Son really wants to get a 1911 and in 45acp do I’ve been thinking about giving him one. Just don’t know which one, yet! Maybe the ATI that I and Steve Owens built? He wants a full size in 45 and that’s the only one I have.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've gifted a Colt Commander to my Dad to match his Officer and Defender models. He digs the Colt 1911s, I'll get him a Government sometime soon, has to be SS to match the others though.

I also gave my brother in law a Springer Mil Spec. He's a veteran that qualified with a 1911 right before the switch to Beretta and had been looking at 1911s for a while but is the type to always spend on others before himself so he was quite surprised with the gift.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
nice thread @LK. you are right.. no such thing as a Uhaul behind a hearse

I have bought my lovely MRS several guns over the years...she still has the 357 mag revolver, a couple les baers and her glock 19.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I haven't gifted any firearms as of yet. On the other hand, I recently received a Browning Hi Power from one of my FTOs that he received from his FTO years ago. This Hi Power has a lot of cool LEO history and I'm very honored to receive it.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Very generous limbkiller! I don’t have much to give at this point, but I’ll sure do it when the time comes. The first gun I got was a Stevens-Savage 12 gauge pump gun from an uncle. Had a hand carved plug made from a tree branch and black electrical tape lol! Ive still got it. Lots of great hunting memories in that gun, so I know how much it means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.