1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continued from the auto loader photo thread:

After 1 month of hard use. 3K rounds a week the first thing to go:

Part # 33212-2.

Added a second G19 GEN 5 MOS as a control. Looking at dividing every session between the 2x G19’s. I hope to find a metric for the parts that go tits up....with the goal of staying ahead of issues by 2020.

To be continued.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Holy crap that some high mileage in a short period of time. Do you work for glock or just have a decent sized shooting fund?? Either way I'm jealous and will be following this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Tagged for info..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The broken part isn’t sold separately. Apparently it is sold in the GEN 5 trigger mechanism housing.

$10.95 @ “Glock Parts Store” for the whole mechanism.

Also of note: Blue locktite doesn’t cut it on the aftermarket sights. The front sight loosened up and the rear sight drifted left. I put RED loctite in place..results TBD.

***I will be running my second GEN 5 19 this week while I wait for the replacement part on the 19 down hard.***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
For those of us who haven’t memorized Glock part numbers, what part did break? Did it still work?
Yes, I’m too lazy to look it up myself.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,891 Posts
For those of us who haven’t memorized Glock part numbers, what part did break? Did it still work?
Yes, I’m too lazy to look it up myself.
Thanks,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff, was going to ask the same question. I am not a Glockie so I have no idea what this part is and how it relates to this pistol...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks,
Jeff
It is the part that is housed in the Trigger mechanism of the GEN 5 Glocks; and it interfaces between the trigger bar and trigger return spring. The trigger went wet noodle like older Glocks do when the trigger return spring breaks. It would still reset intermittently prior to going down hard so it does talk to you first

If I can get my eldest boxer off my lap I will take a pic of the complete mechanism for reference.

·
Registered
394 Posts
On the gen 4s ir 3s was this a problem or is this a new found issue with the new design?

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Thanks Jeff, was going to ask the same question. I am not a Glockie so I have no idea what this part is and how it relates to this pistol...
+1 more. I’m new to Glocks. I can rebuild a 1911 pretty well but Glock internals are a different language to me.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I’ve had a Glock all the way apart a few times, but it’s been awhile. I do know what all the parts in a 1911 are and where they go!
Jeff

Reactions: Tallerico

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On the gen 4s ir 3s was this a problem or is this a new found issue with the new design?

With the GEN 3/4 it was the trigger return spring and slide release.

The GEN 5 and Glock 42/43 share this new mechanism. It does provide a better Trigger than previous GEN Glocks. I’m thinking it will need replacing at 10k rounds or so.

This is a $11 fix.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Rana,
Curious what you think of other striker fired guns.
Jeff

1 - 20 of 170 Posts