1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
chicken wings
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have built my self defense set around a Glock 19 for the last year or two. On and off Glock 19 prior to that. I’m one of those weirdos that always trade and flip. I got the Glock 19 how I want it with magazines up the boot.

I kind of want to switch to the M&P platform now. My reasonings are literally superficial. Reaching out to you all for feedback.

Should I switch? Anyone run an M&P? Any pros and cons from you guys?

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
The 2.0 m&p’s have excellent out of the box triggers IMO. The ergonomics are a little better if you want to get away from the brick shape. I have both, switched to smith from Glock for carry due to work.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I have both and much prefer the Glock.
Ummmmmm........... don't tell these 1911 guys I posted this. :eek:

EDIT
oooops! ...... I forgot that I sent the M&P on its way last week.:confused:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I see no reason to switch, especially since you own the mags (assuming 5-10 mags). I've owned M&Ps in the past, and now I own none. But, I do own 3 Glock 19s. Nothing wrong with either platform, but if I was going to switch, I'd probably go the Sig P320 route.

·
chicken wings
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was this decision to switch yours or the company’s?
The 2.0 m&p’s have excellent out of the box triggers IMO. The ergonomics are a little better if you want to get away from the brick shape. I have both, switched to smith from Glock for carry due to work.

·
chicken wings
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not like the P320. Is it thicker than the Glock?
I see no reason to switch, especially since you own the mags (assuming 5-10 mags). I've owned M&Ps in the past, and now I own none. But, I do own 3 Glock 19s. Nothing wrong with either platform, but if I was going to switch, I'd probably go the Sig P320 route.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
It’s a hard choice. As much as I dislike Glock ergonomics and triggers I discovered a couple of years ago that I could shoot a stock G19 gen 4 better than an M&P 1.0 with Apex FSS trigger, which is about as close as you can make a striker fire trigger feel like a 1911.

Then S&W came out with the 2.0. I have shot several and am a real fan of them, but not enough to make me abandon Glock.

The one important thing I discovered in this journey, generally speaking, is that it doesn’t matter how good a grip and trigger feel to me, it is just not a predictor of how well I will shoot that gun, and without running the same drills on a shot timer with both guns you will never really know which gun you shoot better.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Concur with previous posts.

MP has better ergonomics and thus feels far better in the hand. Trigger is also better than G19 as is the MO’s softer, flatter recoil. I shoot the MP slightly better than the 19.

19 is smaller, more concealable and handier, IMO. Better CCW weapon for that reason.

The MPc compact may be equivalent to a 19 for CCW but have never handled one.

I have several of both.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Definitely switch to the M&P. Superior texture and ergos, plus there is nothing that can be done to a Glock to make the trigger match that of an FSS Apex kit in an M&P.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Both are good platforms. You have to shoot them back to back to know which one is better for you.

Reactions: Bloodhound

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,217 Posts
Got a few Glocks including Glock 23 gen 3 with a 9mm conversion barrel and it's a great shooter.
Got a Gen 5 Glock 45 MOS in 9mm with an 507C. This gun is outstanding.
However, although I'm impressed with their performance, a Glock Gen 3
shoots like a Glock gen 4 or gen 5, Bla,Bla,Bla...
Everytime I shoot a Glock, I just say, Yep...It's a Glock.

I know Agency, and Zev, and a butt load of other companies have all kinds of ways for me to spend more money on a Glock..But in the end,
it's still just a Glock. They just don't excite me.
And I ain't gonna own a $1500 Glock.

Now....
I bought an M&P Shield 2.0 and could not believe the
handling, accuracy, and trigger of the 2.0.
I now have an M&P 9mm 3.6" 2.0, and an M&P 45 2.0 Compact,
and am ready to sell my Glocks.
If you want a Glock Gen 4, 40 in 10mm with an extra G20 complete Slide and a Glock 41 in .45 with an extra G21 complete slide, send me a PM.
I'll be posting them soon.
Well most of them anyway. I may keep my Glock 45 MOS
until the M&P comes out with a platform that can take and RDS like the Shield.

Just one mans opinion..
Rant over!
Take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I do not like the P320. Is it thicker than the Glock?
I haven't put them side-by-side, and I don't personally own a P320. But, I've met some hard core Glock fanboys that have switched to the P320. Since I've owned M&Ps, I'd personally try the P320 and see if I like it. I'm pretty heavily invested in Glock right now though, and it's the only gun my wife is training with, so I don't plan on switching. When the P365XL grip module becomes readily available, I will be buying one of those for my P365.

To give a little background. I've always been a hammer fired guy. 1911, CZ, Sig, etc. I bought Glocks just for trading into other guns. Then we did some intense training classes, and the Glocks really shine when you're under pressure. It's not a gun I have a lot of passion for, but it's a good tool. :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
I personally own Glocks, as well as M&P's & M&P 2.0.
In order of preference I'd say:

I like the M&P 2.0 the best (by far really.)
I'd say the Glock Gen 2,3,4 would be next.
Finally the Gen1 M&P Compact last.

That is just my opinion however, and I would not hesitate to grab any of them for carry, duty etc...
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Reactions: fallenangelhim

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Got a few Glocks including Glock 23 gen 3 with a 9mm conversion barrel and it's a great shooter.
Got a Gen 5 Glock 45 MOS in 9mm with an 507C. This gun is outstanding.
However, although I'm impressed with their performance, a Glock Gen three shoots like a Glock gen 4 or gen 5, Bla,Bla,Bla...
Everytime I shoot a Glock, I just say, Yep...It's a glock.
I know Agency, and Zev, and a butt load of other companies have all kinds of ways for me to spend more money on a Glock..But in the end,
it's still just a Glock. They just don't excite me.
And I ain't gonna own a $1500 Glock.

Now....
I bought an M&P Shield 2.0 and could not believe the
handling, accuracy, and trigger of the 2.0.
I now have an M&P 9mm 3.6" 2.0, and an M&P 45 2.0 Compact,
and am ready to sell my Glocks.
If you want a Glock Gen 4, 40 in 10mm with an extra G20 complete Slide and a Glock 41 in .45 with an extra G21 complete slide, send me a PM.
I'll be posting them soon.
Well most of them anyway. I may keep my Glock 45 MOS
until the M&P comes out with a platform that can take and RDS like the Shield.

Just one mans opinion..
Rant over!
Take it for what it's worth.
Could you go through that one more time??? I'm slow at taking notes. :confused::confused::confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts