Glock 19?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Carolinaboy, Nov 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    So I sold my XD .45 compact today. I have set my sights on a Glock 19. I really like my buddy's and shoot it really well. Didn't like the way the XD shot or how I shot it :lol:

So for those of you that carry a G19 or own one what are you running on yours? Sights, Grip enhancement(stippling), triggers??? Anything in particular?

I really wanna Cerakote the frame FDE

Like this:
    [​IMG]

Thought about buying one already cerakoted FDE, but not sure. I found one from STG Firearms on Gunsamerica. They only want $525 for it plus $25 shipping. A stock G19 goes for $500 at my LGS. Does BEC do 1911addicts discounts ? :)

What are y'all running with your G19. I've got a Crossbreed ST on order right now

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    [​IMG]

Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol

I use a OWB Raven type holster atm. It is a cheap copy but it works.

3. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I run Warren Tactical sights - http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=800008DB-1212762282 Vickers mag release, and a stippling job on mine. I've ran the NY-1 trigger with the 3.5# connector but have decided the stock setup works fine if you put in the time getting used to the trigger.

I use a Comp-Tac belt holster and a Galco Royal Guard for carry and range/training.

Hard to go wrong with a G19.

4. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    My new carry setup is going to be:

Belt: Crossbreed or ARES Gear Ranger Belt
    Holster: CBST or RCS

I think, I am mainly gonna use the RCS for range & hunting carry

5. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    I use a CBST for IWB carry
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite shop tools
    [​IMG]

6. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    You do the stipple job or is that bowie tactical?

7. lsbbigdog

Aug 21, 2011
    Me...

8. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Nice! You and I might be talking about some mods here soon

When you get orders for the Glock frames being coated do they usually do the slide too? I wanna have the frame FDE & match it to a Carbine with Magpul Furniture

9. lsbbigdog

Aug 21, 2011
    Depends of what the customer wants. I have coated frames,slide & both.I have coated new ones out of of the box & beat up 2nd Gen . Cerakote it tougher that factory bluing & offers lubricity.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  10. IraG2362

IraG2362 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 3, 2011
    I have owned 3 G19's and probably will get another soon as it is my favorite Glock if not handgun( my full size GI is creeping up on that title real fast). I have never found the need to change any thing on my Glocks ..but that is just me they are just fine they come out of the box..

11. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Gotcha, that is exactly how I want my G19 to look.

I hear ya on that

12. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I run mine like this:

[​IMG]

Custom Grip Tape LOL!
    10-8 Brass Front and .140 U Notch Rear
    Grip Force Adapter Beavertail
    $0.25 Trigger Job
    Bevel the underside of the trigger guard to prevent Glock Knuckle

Carried in a Cane And Derby Holster. - Best Kydex in the biznaz IMO

[​IMG]

The 10-8 Sights I put on before my class and they were awsome. Very fast on target and able to still shoot precise. I only use that Storm Lake barrel for lead reloads. OEM barrel for everything else.

13. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    I run mine like above. Brass bead front, 10-8 rear . I use a G-17 trigger because I don't like the serrations on the G-19 triggers . I also run a Vickers mag release. Carry it in a MS VMII .

14. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Nice keep it coming....I am thinking either night sights again or the 10-8 & Brass Bead

15. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I have a G19 2nd gen done by BORESIGHT SOLUTION. http://boresightsolutions.com/
    10-8 rear,gold bead front.

Ben does great work and his turnaround time is better than Bowie's. (at least it used to be ! :grin: )

DAT85

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  16. IraG2362

IraG2362 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 3, 2011
  17. Combat Commander

Combat Commander Custom Kydex

Sep 19, 2011
    Stock Glock 19 with Night Sights with the best Kydex Holster and Magazine carriers.

18. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I have the Talon grip tape on my G17 and like it a lot. I got mine when he first started selling them over on GT. It looks like he has changed them up a little bit.

As for my G19, it is one of the Austrian proofed guns that was imported when Obama first got elected. I'm running factory night sights and extended slide stop, Ghost Rocket 3.5lb connector with over travel stop, Wolff 6lb Striker spring and extra power trigger spring, and a butt plug (I don't remember the brand). My carry holster is a Comp-Tac CTAC.

19. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    G19 is one of my favorite Glocks and one of my favorite guns overall. :thumb:

20. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    G19...one of the best all around guns ever made. I trust mine any given day. If I could only choose one handgun to cover all situations....that would be the one.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted