1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing either a Glock 19x or Sig P320 M18 for carry and range use. Thoughts and experience on these two much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
28,418 Posts
The 19x is a wonderful shooter
19x is very user serviceable friendly, not so much with the Sig
The Sig is a flatter shooter due to the longer slide, inherently more accurate with longer sight radius

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
19x.
Both nice pistols, with this one I’m going to say 19x. The 19x is one of the pistols we have on the rental counter that I recommend when someone is asking about a pistol other then the smaller CCW ones like the g43, and 365 etc.

The 19x is just a nice shooter, I’ve seen more new/novice-shooters shoot it well, it just tracks well
And the recoil seems less, it also seems to have less muzzle flip.
I’m a big HK fan but the G19x is sweet.

My only issue with the 19x is I cannot CCW it easily. As it prints and I cannot carry appendix style. (Malt beverages, Wings etc. LOL)

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Okay, wasn’t gonna say anything but here’s my take. Having owned both 19X and the G45, I would choose a G45MOS over the 19X. The 19X is great if you’re stuck on an FDE color. The 45/45MOS will give you the same barrel/slide/grip combo as the 19X, the Gen 5 trigger, front slide serrations, a beautiful large flared magwell without the annoying lip of the 19X, and the addition of an optic cut if you go with the MOS version.

I just got the Sig P320 M18 in the other day. I’m still changing things because I wanted to run a red dot. And I haven’t shot it yet but am super excited. P320’s are shooters, accurate barrels with nice stock triggers, modular in every way, and the M18 offers you a PVD finish, front serrations, the addition of a thumb safety, and an Optic Cut right out of the box.

The M18 probably gonna run you about $20-50 more, but IMO you get more for your money. Take the M18 FCU out and drop it into a Flux MP17 or B&T USW brace. Want a shorter length grip for carry, change the grip module. The modularity is what sets the M18 apart. I’d also argue that the M18 trigger might be easier to shoot for some people than a standard Glock trigger.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I much prefer the M18/P320. Superior ergos, superior trigger, and the modularity essentially future proofs your purchase. If you decide a different grip module "X5, Mirzon, P80" is a better fit for you, it is a 20 second swap, vs being stuck with the garbage glock grip angle.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I presently own both. I think they are on the same level honestly - so if one is a Glock fan and are familiar - the 19X or 45 make sense. If one is a P320 fan and they are familiar with that platform, then the P320 M18 makes sense.

They do shoot a little bit differently. To try to objectively describe it - I will agree the Glock shoots a little bit flatter, but the grip on the M17/18 frame in Medium (what comes in the box) feels better in my hand - so those attributes basically offset for me personally. I don't personally feel a tangible difference in recoil, but I haven't shot them side-by-side. Out of the box, I like the Sig striker/trigger combo better - from the shortened pull to reset. The Sig P320 X-Compact has the best striker action/flat trigger factory combo - but that is a compact on the smaller side of that range.

If one likes a manual, frame mounted safety on said pistol (not assuming a reason, these people do exist and I am not making a case for or against) then the M18 is the logical choice as it comes this way out of the box.

Personally I take every pistol and form an opinion on its merits while I am shooting it. No internet forum can form a legitimate opinion for a person until they go hands-on - so take everything I have said with a grain of salt.

·
Previously RS.
1,231 Posts
Between the two Id say the Sig. better sights, probably a better trigger, red dot ready, and the modularity that’s comes with a FCU. Uncle Sam made this decision for me so I picked up an M18 to become proficient. That being said, I’m sure the 19X is awesome and if the ergos of the 19X feel better than go for it. But as another poster said, you might want to look at the G45MOS

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Off topic but how do you like the Agency Trigger?
Haven’t shot it yet but dry fire feels good. I didn’t change out any springs yet, just the trigger shoe.

Waiting on a Zev Orion slide for my G45, to mount an SRO to. Hope to get both the G45 and M18 on the range next weekend and I should be able to give you more thoughts on the Agency 320 Trigger.

Reactions: AJP

·
chicken wings
1,876 Posts
The Sig P320, as ugly as I think it is, always felt better in my hands. I sold it off though. Kept my Glock 19, which feels like a brick cell phone with no comfort but for some reason I keep going back to her like an abusive partner.

·
Banned
824 Posts
Okay, wasn’t gonna say anything but here’s my take. Having owned both 19X and the G45, I would choose a G45MOS over the 19X. The 19X is great if you’re stuck on an FDE color. The 45/45MOS will give you the same barrel/slide/grip combo as the 19X, the Gen 5 trigger, front slide serrations, a beautiful large flared magwell without the annoying lip of the 19X, and the addition of an optic cut if you go with the MOS version.

I just got the Sig P320 M18 in the other day. I’m still changing things because I wanted to run a red dot. And I haven’t shot it yet but am super excited. P320’s are shooters, accurate barrels with nice stock triggers, modular in every way, and the M18 offers you a PVD finish, front serrations, the addition of a thumb safety, and an Optic Cut right out of the box.

The M18 probably gonna run you about $20-50 more, but IMO you get more for your money. Take the M18 FCU out and drop it into a Flux MP17 or B&T USW brace. Want a shorter length grip for carry, change the grip module. The modularity is what sets the M18 apart. I’d also argue that the M18 trigger might be easier to shoot for some people than a standard Glock trigger.
A company at Shot also just announced a new grip frame for the 320 that takes p365 mags, could make a nice carry gun. Having very limited experience with both 19x and p320, my vote is for the 320.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts