1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want a glock 20. I will shoot hot loads and want best recoil spring possible. Should I get gen 3 or 4? Thanks

·
chicken wings
1,611 Posts
People day Gen3 has a slightly better trigger. It doesnt have the captive recoiled spring. And the nose where the recoil goes in is beefier.

personally, I ha e a Gen4 Glock 19 and they all shoot the same to me. Grips are more tactile on Gen4.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had both a Gen3SF and a Gen4. The Gen3 ate everything. For some reason, the Gen4 is choking on Underwood Hardcast which is what I need here in Montana.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had both a Gen3SF and a Gen4. The Gen3 ate everything. For some reason, the Gen4 is choking on Underwood Hardcast which is what I need here in Montana.
Are you running octa rifling with hardcast? I have heard that it is OK although a PIA to get lead out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you running octa rifling with hardcast? I have heard that it is OK although a PIA to get lead out.
Used a KKM for the majority of the testing. Called UW to see what was up and they said it was okay to used in the Glock OEM barrel. Still got the same Failure to feeds 2-3 per mag. Not acceptable in Griz country.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what lb springs are people running? I think it comes with 17 lbs stock, I would want to get the stiffest possible. Also is anyone getting bulging or smiles on their brass with factory barrel? Worth it to swap barrel even if I do not run hard cast?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I went with the 22 pound spring for my gen 4. Not really a smile with the brass but it did bulge. If you are going to reload a after market barrel with a tighter chamber will get you more loadings out of your brass. If not I wouldn't worry about it. I went with the KKM because I needed to meet Ohio's minimum length for pistol plus for the reloading reason.
IMG_20191201_173511336.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts