glock 27 recoil spring

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by 1911fanatic, Dec 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I have and carry this g27, and was wondering if anybody else has this model. My question is if you do, has anyone tried different weight recoil springs. Sorry for whining, but this gun just isn't that fun to shoot, I do because I need to practice w/carry piece. I was thinking of trying a 18-20lb recoil spring to try to soak up some the recoil and to try to stop the brass from leaving at like a 100 mph. Any thoughts would be appreciated, and yes you can make fun of me for complaining about the recoil.

P.S. My 1911's are about a million times more fun to shoot, I don't take them with me because then I wouldn't practice w/the glock!

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Glock armorer here at my agency (aka Lego assembler/trunk monkey).

The manufacturer tried a lot of different variations before settling on what comes standard from the factory. If there were a different weight recoil spring assembly that kept the same level of reliability but reduced felt recoil, that's what they would have used.

It's like shortcuts: they're shorter but more difficult. If they were just as easy, it would just be "the way." :smilie:

I have a few questions, though, to see if I can help you.

1) How many rounds do you have through the gun?
    2) How many rounds since you've changed the recoil spring assembly?
    3) What is your practice load, and what is your carry load? What loads have you shot through it?
    4) Do you have any aftermarket parts on it?
    5) Have you experienced any recurring malfunctions with it?

The little guns can be snappy. A good grip goes a long way. (I'm not saying yours isn't a good grip; I don't know how you hold yours.)

Andy

3. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy

Aug 21, 2011
    Glock recommends changing recoil spring evey 5k rounds.

If you are going to carry it I would keep it in it orginal configuration, but if you are looking to get some range time in with it maybe look into a 9mm conversion barrel.

4. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
  5. 1911fanatic

Nov 27, 2011
    Sorry...haven't been on in awhile. My practice load is standard 180gr fmj...carry load is speer golddot 180gr. I have never changed the recoil spring. probably about 600rds. No, completely stock. Nope, never had a malfunction of any kind. Maybe I'm just whining and need to shut-up. it's more comfy when i have some band-aids on the web of my hand...yep I'm whining. I will just keep it the way it is. If I ever have to use it (and I hope I never do), then, I doubt I would notice the recoil.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  6. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Definitely one of the snappiest recoiling pistols I have ever shot, probably THE snappiest. But if you want power in a small package, that is what you get. Even my tiny LCP 380 takes a toll on my web after 500 rounds. You might try wearing some shooting gloves, they have some nice leather palms that help absorb recoil. Something like these...
    [​IMG]

7. 1911fanatic

Nov 27, 2011
    Thanks. I will try those.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted