1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Justin. I am a recovering glock-a-holic turned 1911 addict.

I carried a glock on duty, was a fan since they were adopted in South Carolina... and happily carried one for years.

Then, one day, while working at Front Sight Firearms Training Institute as an Instructor (I am now a Senior Range Master), the Range Master I was working for told me to stop bad mouthing all the 1911s until I tried one. Well, challenge accepted... I borrowed a school gun (Kimber Custom II, VERY used) and grabbed a box of ammo...

Well, I am not into drugs, but that first magazine was my first hit of crack/injection of heroin... because before I had quickly burned thru a box of ammo, I planned to sell of all of my glocks and get a 1911.

My first 1911 was an early Sig GSR stainless railed... back when they advertised NO MIM... it was perfect, out of the box. After a few 1000 rds, off she went for a few custom touches. EGW added a S&A MSH/Magwell and blended it perfectly, added forward cocking serration (matching the stock rear perfectly, and the first Warren Tactical Sight for a 1911 was installed. They also tuned the trigger a bit, and gave the entire gun a more melted feel... then re beadblasted it).

After that, it was down hill... I ordered a Nighthawk Predator, to my specs, and she is my daily carry. I also picked up a Sig GSR C3 for days when I need a smaller pistoli. The original GSR was sold, due to financial issues...

So, now I am a die hard, 1911 addict...

I have 50,000+ rds thru my Nighthawk... and hope to be able to get my wife into one, when I hit the lotto.

As far as the rest of my background... I live in SC (had been livingin Pahrump, NV working at FS full time for 6 years-- stil on staff part time)... I am a 40 year old, full time Nursing student at the Universty of South Carolina... I spent 3 years on Active Duty w/ the US Army... I have an MBA from Pepperdine... was a State Constable for 5 years.... and I enjoy training with firearms (pistol, rifle, shotgun, subgun, etc...)

Glad I found this place.

Justin

·
In Therapy, no hope
1,342 Posts
Welcome to a great forum, Thank you for your service to our Country. And your still giving with all your training, thank you. Regards.

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
:welcometo:

Ain't a damn thing wrong with Glocks,I have a Boresight Solution G19 that I dearly love.

(but not as much as my 2 TRS' LB's :biggrin1: )

DAT85

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Welcome Justin. My son is in his first semester at Pepperdine, still undeclared. Beautiful campus. You have some nice pistolas! Did you keep at least one Glock?

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
Welcome aboard, Justin. I also carry a Glock on duty, but have (suffer) a good appreciation for quality 1911s. :lol:

Andy

·
~
246 Posts
Welcome to the forum Justin :wave:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey all... thanks for the kind reception.

Not the lotto... I was just lucky to work on a range and I got to score a lot of trigger time on other people's dimes...

I will attempt to post a few pics...

My first 1911... after her trip to EGW...
View attachment 1393

My Nighthawk Predator (when she was new...)
View attachment 1395

Not a 1911, but another addiction (suppressors) This is an AR45, 30 rd grease gun mags... and my Osprey 45 can by SilencerCo!
View attachment 1396

Justin

1 - 20 of 24 Posts