Glock G43

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by azguy1911, Dec 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I'd like to hear from G43 owners, I have wanted one for years, especially for the summers out here when clothes are at a minimum. Will I love it or hate it?

I have one optioned out at the Glock Store in my cart, stippled, upgraded trigger, night sights about $900 :confused:

salelcid and UBOATDOC like this.
  2. Patton2018

Patton2018 Member

Nov 8, 2018
    You'll love it. Perfect for summer carry and if you have other glocks, the platform will be totally familiar.

3. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    I have two stock from the factory for two years. Very easy to shoot accurately. I put metal sights on them & $15 grip sleeves and bought them for $450 each. I carry them all the time with the exception of winter when I carry a 1911.
    Recoil is minimal, stock trigger is pretty good for a Glock (at least what I've heard about Glocks). They were my first exposure to Glock pistols and have been impressed by them.
    I would not spend $900 for one.

4. .45 ACP

.45 ACP Active Member

Sep 25, 2014
    I'm local to you, You're welcome to try mine.

Scaramouche and UBOATDOC like this.
  5. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    While not a current owner I have shot one a lot. They’re pretty good as far as single stack subcompacts go. But they have their limitations.

Btw Glock is going to be coming out with another single stack at shot show this year so you may want to wait for that release. Supposed to be a 10+1 Glock 43x (going to be a touch taller but still slim).

Also if you do decide to mod a 43 keep it simple and don’t mess with the trigger, they are very shootable as is. With Glock any mods to the trigger mechanism outside of a minus connector or professionally done trigger jobs is inviting safety and reliability concerns.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  6. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    Had one and liked pretty well. They shoot well. I was a first wave(90's)rabid Glock fan boy until I rediscovered my roots were in steel and wood. I agree with my esteemed colleague, Mouche.....I would not pay 900.00 for one, no matter how swell it is. You could buy 2 new ones or 3 used for that and have a throwdown. lol

sigmanx and Scaramouche like this.
  7. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    I have one and it is perfect for summer, they disappear on the belt. They do have a thin grip so if you have large hands you should hold one first. They do not need a grip reduction like the double stacks so I personally would not stipple either, maybe just an undercut. If you want a more aggressive grip look into Talon grips, they are around $15 and I put them on most of my glocks.

As NPV mentioned they are rumored to be coming out with a 43x shortly, which would have a longer grip and more capacity.

Scaramouche likes this.
  8. 12VMan

12VMan Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    I guess I'll be the odd man out here: I had one and didn't love it. At the time I was carrying a G19 most of the time, so I thought the G43 would be perfect for times I couldn't/didn't want to carry the bigger Glock. I honestly can't pin it down, but there was just something about the gun that I never warmed to. The trigger was definitely different from my Gen 3 G19, and I was less accurate with it than I wanted.

I ended up selling it and getting a Walther PPS, which I much preferred.

Scaramouche likes this.
  9. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    I’ve had mine since they first came out, and other than a Ghost connector and night nights, it’s stock.

I like mine really well, but I’d never give $900 for one no matter how many “curb feelers” it has.

Mini Me, limbkiller and Scaramouche like this.
  10. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I've carried one for a couple of years in my front pocket in a Galco Pro 0800.
    It shoots like a laser, and outshoots some larger striker fire pistols I've owned, and utterly reliable.
    Get a Talo edition with the Ameriglo front sight, and u-notch rear. And some plus 2 mag extensions. Taran Tactical, Hyve, or Vickers.

Glock is also introducing a larger 9mm single stack. The G48.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Just Terry likes this.
  11. MHarvey

MHarvey Active Member

Sep 2, 2011

I’ll have to 2nd what 12VMan stated. I’ve got one that is stock other than a set of Hackathorn sights, but just can’t warm up to it over my Shield. I have kept it as I got it cheap enough on a blue label program, but hardly ever carry it as I shoot the Shield much better. I am a closet Glock guy in that I still have 3 other Glocks that I like quite well, but the 43 just isn’t the one for me. I’ve had it about 2 years, and have around 500 rounds through it, so it hasn’t been shot a ton. I’ll probably end up selling it at some point as it just sits in the safe the majority of the time. I mainly have kept it for a backup if I ever had problems with my Shield, but now have a couple of other guns that I’d rather carry as opposed to the 43.

12. fieldgrade

Mar 13, 2017
    I'll be running a squad at a BUG (back up gun) match this weekend and I'll see a lot of Shields and a lot of G43's. I know folks who swear by one, or the other. They are both equally good choices in my humble opinion. You just have to settle on the one that works best for you.

MHarvey likes this.
  13. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    It's my main carry gun. Up to a few years back, I'd pretty much tried all the small 9's, (big exception for the sig365- which I'd like to try) and the glock was the best of them all. It's about as small as an acutal "fighting" gun can be. If your familiar with glocks it'll feel and shoot very similar. Mine is accurate enough, comfortable and can be carried all day much easier than most. I say go for it. $900 is a lot for a glock, but not too much in my book, if your getting exactly what you want.

14. fieldgrade

Mar 13, 2017
    I owned a Sig P365 for about a week. Despite the great mag capacity in such a wee little package, I actually prefer the grip of the Glock 43, and sold the Sig.

15. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I carried my 43 a bunch in the summer in FL/TX. I found with the +2 Vickers extensions feeding the top round was not 100% reliable. The spring also wore out much faster than I liked. Only 7 rounds was not as comforting to me.

I personally went to a G26. It is a little heavier and wider, but I can carry a spare G17 mag and not worry about capacity.

Just Terry likes this.
  16. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    My personal opinion, I wouldn’t pay the Glock Store squat for their stippling job. Looks like they pass the job off to preschoolers. Even some of Zev’s stippling is garbage, compared to what’s out there. Tagging @sigsauerstx for his example of a Glock 27 recently.

I’d do a little more research on shops that work on the 43. There’s a ton of people doing awesome Stipple jobs out there.

Had two 43’s at one point. They are awesome.

NPV, WWB and Scaramouche like this.
  17. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Only thing I don’t like about them is the grip is to small to get a good purchase IMO and prefer the m&p shield. But everyone I have shot was reliable and put the rounds where I wanted them.

NPV likes this.
  18. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Excepts for Dawson Sights mine is stock and shoots very well. I likely will purchased the newer single stack 9MM size Glock 19 that is rumored to be coming out soon. IMG_0794.JPG

Old Sea Dragon and limbkiller like this.
  19. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    For what it's worth I won't pay for someone else to stipple plastic, unless i find something really amazing. If you've got a steady enough hand and the patience to shoot well you can stipple a frame. Just strip off the slide, sit on the porch with a beer and have at it. A little practice on the cheap mag loader glock gives you or a mag is a good way to start. Old & well trodden ground but worth mentioning I thought....(and heck I'm gonna show off my block anyway! LOL) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted