Glock Jams???

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by seagiant, Jul 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Yes she did.

I have had to work really hard in training to tap rack. My mind goes to diagnostic function first.

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I think the handling of the jam was amazing, deserves tons of credit, doing as you walk backwards is not easy.

Jollyroger1, Kip and Glock2740 like this.

3. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    And add the real life tension to it and it’s multiple badassness on the officers part. :thumbs::thumbs:

4. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I just watched the video.
    That’s not a malfunction of the weapon due to the weapon in any form or fashion.
    She did good, other than I’d really like to know how many times the perp was hit.

Jollyroger1, Kip and B81 like this.
  5. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I was just about to post a reply commenting on the number of rounds fired before she dropped the guy. I can appreciate the stress of the situation. But I am also curious to know how many of those rounds hit.

Kip and Glock2740 like this.
  6. Gafanhao

Gafanhao Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2018
    Where in the hell did those first 3-4 shots hit, how did the perp not go down. First time I'm thinking you need .45acp or higher, unreal clearance by the cop.

B81 and Kip like this.
  7. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I've watched this about 20x's, it appears the mag release was engage and the magazine unseated. You can clearly see she re-set the magazine then recycled the gun and resumed firing.

8. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    This is true. I transitioned from a revolver for duty to a department issue G22. First 400 or so rounds I had some issues but once I learned how firmly to hold the pistol they went away completely. Carried multiple gens for 17 years with absolute reliability.

B81 likes this.
  9. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Good work by the Deputy. I’m sure we will hear more later but my thoughts are that:

Her grip on the first 1-2 shots wasn’t perfect (stress, trying to create distance), and she unintentionally engaged the slide lock, locking the slide back.

switchback likes this.
  10. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Wanted for stabbing a 77 year old over a mask dispute. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy:) I am glad she prevailed.

11. Steve in Allentown

Steve in Allentown Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    If this happens with a 1911 all you have to do is drop in lighter springs to match the shooter's physique, strength, grip, and/or technique and "voila" no more jams.

I recognize this is a blanket statement that may not always prove true but in most cases it will. Plus it's simple and inexpensive to do. Also, it doesn't require replacing multiple springs to re-balance the operating parameters of the mechanism.

seagiant likes this.
  12. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Pretty salty action by lady deputy. I would need to go home for fresh underwear. Thankfully the perp was Caucasian or we wouldn't even be discussing the gun.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    jaypopsti, 1911fanatic, Kip and 2 others like this.
  13. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    True but a better alternative for me is do nothing. Because in my hands there are no issues. Why would I alter a perfectly functional weapon to accommodate individuals who do not know how to grip and operate a Glock. It would be like replacing a good V8 engine with a 4 cylinder because the vehicle has too much power for some sissy.

14. Lou1

Lou1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2018
    Damn! That would be one hell of a motion alert to get from your home camera while you’re sitting at work.

Kip and Old Rooster like this.
  15. Steve in Allentown

Steve in Allentown Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Agreed as long as you don't have to depend on someone who's not as proficient as you to pick up your pistol and use it to save your bacon after you dropped it when you fell unconscious to the ground after having been beaten about the head and shoulders with a 2x4 by an assailant.

All of my firearms are set up to function 100% in the hands of my wife which means they'll work for me too. It's all about preparing for the worst scenario in your particular circumstances.

seagiant and Rick McC. like this.
  16. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I see no good reason to mess with what works for me.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    B81, Kip and Old Rooster like this.
  17. Old Rooster

Old Rooster Well-Known Member

May 17, 2020
    Mama has her own shooter and she’s wicked with it. She wants to work with my Shield as well. It’s excellent as little plastic 9s go.

18. Rick McC.

Rick McC. Well-Known Member

May 3, 2013
    Me too, frequently, plus a couple of .40 kabooms with factory ammo...

wrmiller likes this.
  19. Welder49

Welder49 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2020
    I read somewhere that her first shots may have grazed the bad guy and the next three missed. After she cleared the possible malfunction she hit the guy with the next seven(?)shots.
    As for people not dropping right away, thats mostly Hollywood bullshit. In the real world sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t. Also depends if the bad guy is on some kind of drug or not. But adrenaline plays a part too. I once saw an autopsy pic where the subject was shot 34 times with a 9mm before he dropped. And he was on just pure adrenaline.

20. Denver1911

Denver1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Just because she executed the normal malfunction clearing drill (tap, rack, bang), does not mean the mag release was hit. Tap .. just in case the mag isn’t seated. Rack .. make certain weapon is charged. Bang .. or bang bang bang bang bang .. stop the threat.

And, what, none of ya’ll are going to accuse her of being a limpmwristed sissy? .. me neither. Respect.

Looks to me like bad guy got a hand on the weapon causing it to not cycle. As I said .. respect!

Old Sea Dragon and Old Rooster like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted