Glock Perfection IMO

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by dirty barrel, Dec 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    I acquired the Gen 2 G17 on Saturday and the Gen 2 G19 on Sunday while looking for a holster for the G17. I have been looking for these guns for quite awhile and they both almost fell into my lap this weekend. I bought both of them for a song and they are both in extremely good condition. The Gen 2 guns are hard to find in my area and when you do find them they are really beat. The Gen 2 G19's are all but impossible to find.

2j5016o.jpg

I am a die hard 1911 guy but I also really enjoy carrying and shooting Glocks, especially Gen 2's. They are in my opinion the best Glocks made. (sorry the pic sucks I can try and get better ones if any one is interested) Are any of you guys a Glock Gen 2 fan.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Cool deal and congrats! I have been looking for a Gen 2 G17 and a Gen 2 G19 for awhile. Found a crappy Gen 2 G17 and G19, both for $400OTD. Just couldn't bring myself to pay $400 each, for two Glocks in such piss poor condition. Eventually I'll come across a deal like you found. :thumb:

3. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I've always liked the 2nd Gens, but since I like carrying my Glock with a light attached, I'm stuck with a 3rd Gen.

I'm always looking for a 2nd Gen, but every time I find one the asking price is as much or more than a brand new one. I got lucky on my 1st Gen so it all balances out.

4. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    I got lucky with these. I paid $350 for the G17, it is easily 98% it came with 3 mags a paddle holster, 2 mag pouch and a box of federal hydra shock ammo. Oh and the original box. The batteries are charging in my camera but I will get a picture up of it shortly it has a interesting sticker on it that I have never seen before.

I paid $300 for the G19 just the way it is in the pic with only 1 mag and no box. It is easily 98% also. It might not be the cheapest deal around but for me it is good I see 2nd gen Glocks that are beat to crap that sell for close to $500 at my LGS.

Does any one know if Glock made a Gen 2 G26?

5. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011

Sir..... what is the attraction to Gen 2 Glocks ?.....
    Don't misunderstand.... I love my Glocks... but I have only owned Gen 3 ...so I have no basis of comparison....
    Thank You

JT

6. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011

For me it is the shape of the grip, I don't like the finger grooves in the 3rd Gen guns. The frames are just a lot more comfortable to my hand. I also think they look sexy as hell without the rail. I don't mind the grip on the Gen 3 G19 though. It fits my hand pretty well. The 2nd Gen G19's seem smaller to me too, I know they aren't but they just feel and look smaller.

7. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the Sub-Compacts were Gen 2.5 when they were introduced.

The prices you got were really good, most Gen 2's locally are around $475 or have LE engraving in the slides and are still $400.

8. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I too prefer the grip feel on the Gen 2 pistols, but I choose the handy light rail on the Gen 3 over the better feel of the grip on Gen 2's. For me, my Surefire is indispensible as part of my home defense setup. I don't shoot the Gen 2's any better than the 3's, so I don't think the grip makes much difference to me. It might to others though. On a side note, I despise the Gen 4's, heh. The only thing I would like Glock to change on their Gen 3 pistols would be to add a dovetail front sight instead of the stupid front sight they have now.

9. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats. Never been a Gen. 2 fan myself. I love the Gen. 3 and 4 Glocks tho. I get them brand new for $398.00 from my distributor.

10. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    Dam! That is a good price. The cheapest I ever see them for are $519. I will probably get a Gen 3 next, I don't have a gun with a rail but I can see the benefit of it especially for a house gun.

11. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Around here you get special pricing on Glocks if you are military, ex military, police, or a lot of other things like that. I think that is about the price I get on them too.

12. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    That's good I think people that have or do serve and risk there life for our freedom should get a break. Now if they only had a Diesel Mechanic discount I would be set.

13. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    Here is the picture of the OG tupperware. Has anyone seen a sticker like this before?

2vvp8b4.jpg

14. 2001SportTJ

2001SportTJ 1911 Totin' Redneck!

Sep 17, 2011
    I used to have a Gen 2 G17. I liked it but I sold it to help fund the purchase of my Kimber. It was either sell the Gen 2 G17 or sell my Gen 3 G19. My G19 has sentimental value to me so it was an obvious choice. I enjoyed shooting it but it wasn't much different than shooting my G19.

Here's a picture of it right after I got it back from Glock. I took it to Smyrna and had them refinish it and replace almost all of the internals. I sold it a few weeks after I got it back.
    [​IMG]

15. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Yep,.....I've seen that a few times. Had one on a MINT, UNFIRED 2nd Gen G19 I had.
    I sold it last year.

16. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    I just sold this one the other day at the shop. Like new with proofs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I see a bunch on 2nd Gens because dealers are only allowed to sell pre-98 (unless LEO) .Newer ones are not considered MA Compliant, But you can own anything or acquire anything via private sale. Makes no sense!

17. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Glad you could find them! Congrats and enjoy.

18. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I use my G34 for a house gun, and when I am working in a situation where I feel it might get really gnarly and might need the light... Those prices are LE discount prices...

19. Combat Commander

Combat Commander Custom Kydex

Sep 19, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted