1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Never made it to step 12
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Baton Rouge tomorrow to see Pucifer (singer from Tool). Is there any one place that I just have to check out while I'm there? I'm also going to be on the hunt for some killer food!!!

It was going to be a 4 day weekend, but a bunch of stuff came up at the last minute, so it's just an overnight thing now...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

· Eddie Van Halen
7,345 Posts
If only I could remember the bar I went to several times back in 2006 in BR. It's right off the main road. Has an outdoor deck. Awesome food and LSU co-eds. I'll find out the name.

· Eddie Van Halen
7,345 Posts
Two places. Pasttime Pizza (incredible pizza and a bartender that owns a pink Harley and had been in Easy-Rider several times),and Walk Ons (the one I mentioned).

1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking about wearing my Razorback shirt... Then again, maybe not.

1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm here. Now looking for some local seafood joints. STARVING!!!

· Registered
20 Posts
If you drive through Lafayette on your way out then I would suggest you stop at either of these great Cajun restaurants:
  • Don's Seafood on Johnston St. (Start with seafood gumbo and get the crawfish or crab platter)
  • Chris' Poboys (order gumbo and the Chris' Special...get one for the drive home)
Dude, look up Urban Spoon or Yelp on your phone and it will point you in the right direction for food. No excuse to eat at a crappy place while you are in South Louisiana. Eat up.

Dave

· Registered
20 Posts
I see you are from Arkansas and will likely drive to Lafayette and then turn north to Arkansas.
Lafayette is the Heart of Acadiana....Cajun central. Do your taste buds a favor and take a little food detour. Chris' Poboys won't take long and they have a number of locations.
http://www.chrispoboys.com/

The other must go place is Don's Specialty Meats. This is right off the highway.
Get some hot boudin and get some frozen to take home. You will love it. They will have a lot of really good prepared meats and sausages. I would suggest buying a cooler from the them and packing that sucker up with some frozen goodies. It will say frozen for 24 hours. You will blow your friends away when you grill some of that killer Cajun sausage.
http://www.donsspecialtymeats.com/

Enjoy.
Dave

· Registered
434 Posts
I know I’m bringing this thread back from the dead but wanted to offer to answer any questions about Baton Rouge. I work for BRPD and can help if you need to know where to avoid etc if any of you are traveling this way.
Thanks for the offer, and for your service to the community. I’m in Houston but have an office in BR on Laurel St. Next time I’m in your city I’ll give you a heads up and the coffee’s my treat!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.