1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hoping for some direction on who could install either a gold bead or a white bead into my existing front sight, I believe this is Clark’s front dovetail sight
3A298BD5-264F-4DF6-A412-7E0E5554B8C9.jpeg

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
@Integrity Arms put a white bead sight on my ACW. I can pick the white up better than FO or gold, what works for me may not work for you.

Reactions: WWB

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the intended purpose for this pistol? I would lean toward a white ball over a gold
This one will see a bit of everything, I’ll carry it maybe 50% of the time and it could possibly see some competition use if I ever decide to try some local events.

This is for that Garthwaite double stack 1911 I just picked up here in the classifieds.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,034 Posts
Most I have done the white ball for seem to like it. I have really switched gears on my own likes and dislikes on sights of recent as my eyesight continues to somewhat diminish and a benefit of having the opportunity to fit and install various styles and types of sights. For me the FO works very well, then there is a HD trijicon in orange that I really like, then I would say a white bead, then gold bead. The white bead is very very visible more geared imo for target sights. But, works well with tactical rear sights as well. I'd have to say that the FO and the White bead for me run a close race. Visibility wise I really like the FO, but man they make some ugly FO sights and not much to choose from imo.. Or at least that I have found. Going to experiment making my own soon. as it's come up in conversation a few times. But, I can do a white ball for ya if you like.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just picked up a compensated Colt with this style sight. Thinking of trying a fiber optic setup. Clark still has the black sights listed on their website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts