Golfball front strap treatment on an old alloy frame

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by AlchemyCustomWeaponry, Nov 30, 2011.

1. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

AlchemyCustomWeaponry Crabby Old Gunsmith

Nov 4, 2011
    photo.jpg

Please excuse the MacBook keyboard in the background. I'm not a liberal tree hugger.

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks pretty good to me! Do you soften the points at all at the end or leave it as-is?

Andy

3. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    Points get softened somewhat when blasted. (especially with an alloy frame like this one) It feels similar to 20lpi checkering as far as abrasive similarities go.

4. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    Let's get this clear now guys. I do not officially offer this treatment. This is a personal gun that we are building into a Hand of Doom model. I must warn you, it will have a golfball mainspring housing but only because I don't want to mix textures. I'm getting pretty tired of the golfball debate, the snakeskin debate, the this, the that. Every time someone does something new on a gun and takes pictures, they subject themselves to copycatting. It's the nature of the business. I expect people will copy things that I come up with eventually. I'm prepared for that.

These guys act like I'm some young punk that hasn't paid my dues. I've been working in the gun industry for 23 years. I didn't just come up with this idea yesterday.

cougartracks likes this.
  5. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted