1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Good Bye, FLGR!

4K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  claire 
#1 ·
Even though my Dan Wesson PM7-45 runs great with the FLGR, I decided to go GI and update it to a Wilson Combat plug with rings.

I had a little problem, though. I had been warned that the WC plugs sometimes come a little on the long side and, sure enough, it was too long. I debated sending it back, but then I had an idea. I broke out my 45 Colt case trimmer and trimmed it back to fit. I also deburred it using my Lee deburring tool. :) Fit's perfectly now! The Ed Brown guide rod dropped right in, too.

I also changed out the grips and bushings for slim-line Dan Wesson laser etched logo grips and thin bushings. Now this gun is perfect for me.

I have a custom 1911 by Marianne Carniak, too,(in addition to a few others) but I have to admit that even though it's custom, it doesn't hold a candle to the production fit and finish of my PM7. This 1911 won't be sold or traded. It's perfect for me now.

deadite

See less See more
#19 ·
I went to the range a couple days ago and ran some Winchester White Box 230 gr. FMJ through the PM7 and had absolutely zero difference in accuracy or function. :)

I'm digging the look of the WC recoil spring and it's so much easier to break down now. So glad that I did it!

deadite

#24 ·
How did it fit? Do you like it?

deadite
I had to file it down because it was too long for the TRP. It works fine and I like it better than the FLGR. I did go with the Ed Brown plug for my PM9 when I changed that out. It was a little shorter and didnt require any fitting.

claire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.