Good deal on an AR?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Babboonbobo, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    ronin11 likes this.
  2. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    BM is not known for the quality by any stretch of the imagination. But, on the other hand, they're really not bad rifles. I've had a couple over the years and they all worked just fine. Not real accurate, not any bells and whistles and not something I'd do a torture test.
    But, that said, I'd call them the Tisa's of the AR world. They'll work just fine and if you're looking for a plinker, at that price you can't beat it.

stlgecko likes this.

3. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    Not specific feedback on the BM, as I haven't handled one, but I have found many of the lower priced guns completely adequate for most recreational use. Not to mention reasonable triggers and minor tweaks are quite cheap too.

No doubt this is a decent deal, you'll need to add something to sight with as a minimum.

No affiliation to palmetto states armory but they are another option, and I do have quite a bit of 1st hand experience with them and would recommend one for the same use as above. For example you could do an upper and lower, push the pins in yourself for $350, or a build kit and stripped lower for $330. (still need a rear sight for either) It'll take you about an hour at the kitchen table/workbench with a step by step guide and minimal tools but you'll know your gun. I've helped a few friends go this route and they've been happy, as have I with my AR-pistol

ronin11 and limbkiller like this.
  4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Bushmaster was a great rifle until about ten years ago.

for that price of that one, you really can’t go wrong. Personally, I wouldn’t trust it and I have other rifles. But it would be a good spare or a range bearer.

5. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013

I would have to agree with Bender. I have a Pre Ban BM HBar and a couple old Dissapators....back then a Complete lower cost between $300-400.....Toady they go for $125.

If you just want something for a fun gun I suppose Less than $400 would work or just save a little more and get something in an Entry Level Rock River or lightly used older Colt or BM.

Karsten

6. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Sorry guys, not for me I was just throwing this deal out for anyone needing something to beat up.

I have plenty of nice ARs and I’m not planning on anymore soon, we’ll maybe a pistol? I don’t have one of those and maybe a pistol caliber carbine, 9mm, 10mm or 45? Gun shop has a S&W in 450 bushmaster that looks like a fun gun! I really would like a SBR in 300blk

Sh!t!!!!! I give up:cry:

rhsth4 likes this.
  7. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    Buy 10 or even 20.
    Wait ten years and sell all your pre-ban rifles for ten times investment cost.
    Just think, for the price of one semi custom 1911 you could have a dozen of these...

Jollyroger1 and 10mm Guy like this.
  8. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Baboon’

Surely worth the asking price. Would
    Be a great beater

9. goodguywithagun

goodguywithagun Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2016
    I only wish I could get one at this price. Here in Connecticut we’re looking at $1K for a pre ‘94 lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted