1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Depending on what comes out of the first batch I may be in next year. Hoping these are graded conservatively like the Garands and prices drop as they move through the supposed 100,000 they will be selling.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Some (not all) of the 1911s I shot or carried in the USMC back before the Berettas were adopted were way worn out and unreliable. Don't recall specific reasons for frequent malfunctions, but we had knowledgeable armorers who I assume would have fixed the fixable issues, like springs, extractors, etc. Of course the Marines never throw away anything so the guns probably had been shot for decades. If I was going to go after a CMP gun, I probably would look for the later models, unless the purpose is to get a wartime collectible and not shoot the gun.

·
Premium Member
3,934 Posts
I had three different 1911A1s issued to me while I was an MP between ‘73 to ‘76. Two Remington Rands and an Ithaca (at different times).

We had a company amorer that kept all of our weapons functional. We had 1911s, M60s, M2s, and a couple of different S&W revolvers; model 10s and 15s.

All of our weapons were functional and reliable. That was our armorers full time job.

I cannot imagine any military unit that would issue weapons that are not properly maintained.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't understand? For the price of a new Colt or Kimber, one can instead buy a used 1911 that "may exhibit rust, pitting, wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts