Good News for my weird predicament.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by GeorgiaRedfish, Nov 4, 2011.

1. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Well I am on my fiancee's grandparent's land, and they don't want me to clean, gut, or skin a deer on their property. So they want me to take it to the processors, so this limits me quite a bit since I cannot afford to do it on my 0.00 per hour budget :animalol:. They had their first taste of my first one of the season, and they told me they love it and want more. So they gave me the green light to kill as many "decent size" ones as I can. This is great news since I will be getting a new rifle this Sunday. I'll keep you guys posted :biggrin1:

2. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    nice! What kind of rifle?

3. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    I am not sure. He said it was "A really, really nice english made 30-06, with a very good scope." I'll let you guys know.

4. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    An Enfield maybe?

5. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Cool. Don't forget pics of the rifle....:thumb:

It's good that people can try venison and like it.

My mother (77) ate so much of it when young, that she absolutely will not eat it now. Times were tough then (kind of like now), and you had to do what you had to do.

6. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    It could be Blay...He said something field i couldn't really understand him. DRY they love the taste, cost, and healthiness. just like me. My grandpa will get backstraps for his rifle so it won't be such a bad trade for him :biggrin:

7. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    That IS a good trade.

8. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Redfish, IF it is a British Enfield it will either be chambered for .303 British or rechambered for 7.62NATO. The US 1917 Enfield was an '06 but I don't know of a British Enfield in that caliber. Might have slipped by me though. Another English made .30-06 is the BSA Monarch. That's great that things worked out.

9. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    Ya I highly doubt it is an enflied. He I have never seen it before, the wait is killing me. I think I will take my old tried and true .243 my dad gave me when I was 14, out for her last trip into the woods tomorrow.

10. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Maybe a Parker-Hale? :grin:

DAT85

11. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    that might be it I remembre him saying parker

12. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    The Rifle is the Parker Hale, this thing is sweet. I got to go look up the model online, but it is a nicer model, it has ivory inlaid into the stock. I cannot wait to shoot this thing. Oh and I got sea-trout and redfish filets,mmmmmmm

13. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011

Parker-Hale's are nice rifles! :thumb:

They knew how to set up the Mauser action for a smooth,simple hunting rifle that was well finished at it's price point.

You got a "sleeper" that most people wouldn't have been smart enough to grab.

DAT85

14. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Congrats on a great gun. Those things are not cheap I hope ya know. What a fantastic gift and it's from a family member. Don't ever sell it and pass it down to a son or grandson.

15. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    I plan on it LK I'll try to get some pics posted tonight, and some range reports tomorrow.

16. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    I am also stoked about 15 redfish fillets, and 5 sea trout fillets. I miss being home this time of year because of redfishing. My fiancee and I have decided to move back home with in the next year or two, I cannot wait. Inshore salt water is my first favorite hobby.

17. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    I'm happy for you. Congrats buddy, and heed Uncle Limbs advice. That's a keepsake. HEY! Enjoy those fillets!

18. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    Oh believe me these two rifles mean alot to me, and will be staying in the family. I posted the pics in the rifle section, and believe me I love fresh, perfect sized redfish and seatrout fillets. They will be enjoyed very much.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted