1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, right. This will be fixed before long so I took a screen shot in order to save the evidence. If you search the word ‘idiot’ under the Images tab, it returns pictures of President Trump:
I suppose everyone knows about the example that Google has already been caught on, and has “fixed”? If you type in the search for, “top races d” (at the top of the auto-complete list), it would automatically complete the word ‘Democrat’. If, however, you typed the search, “top races r”, the drop down first choice would be changed to, “top racist Republican”. [Google got called out on this already and quickly “fixed it” when first made public]

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
As much as I hate to say this, but the feds needs to move on Google and break them into smaller parts and mandate and enforce systemic leadership and corporate change. Think back to "Ma Bell" days.

You see Google has gotten much too powerful. So powerful it can sway opinions and disrupt (potentially) political races and outcomes.

If a company in the position Google is in can not (or will not) be impartial then they need to be fundamentally changed.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,939 Posts
Google and Facebook are as biased as MSNBC; I don’t use Google for a search engine and will not use Facebook. We shouls always ask outselves’ one question: “Who is saving the data and ehat do thet do with it?” It isn’t to sell me a lawnmower.

Reactions: removed

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ImperialBlade, your post response is spot on (IMHO)! They are the five hundred pound gorilla monopoly in the room. The “corporate culture” their management represents and empowers their workers with, will not change voluntarily. Google needs to be broken up into separate, individual companies. Whether that’s by geographic location (like Ma Bell was) or they’re limited in types of service they can offer, Idk, but their virtual monopoly needs to be broken up.

There needs to be a better balance struck between protecting intellectual property rights and the control and dissemination of information/data IF a healthy competitive environment is going to exist in the marketplace.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Google and Facebook are as biased as MSNBC; I don’t use Google for a search engine and will not use Facebook. We shouls always ask outselves’ one question: “Who is saving the data and ehat do thet do with it?” It isn’t to sell me a lawnmower.
It's our data they want (and openly sell like a commodity). All the phones, and electronics Google (and Amazon etc) wants to sell you is just a way to capture MORE of your data. They could give those devices away for free and still be making a mint off of our data.

·
Registered
959 Posts
A few years back, I was searching for articles on Hillary Clanton’s Uranium One Scandal on Google and all the results coming back praised Hillary Clanton..... Safari did better, DuckDuckGo finds what you are looking for.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts