1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Pulling my hair.
33,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I got a call at 12:20 from the sheriffs dept in San Bernardino CA. My phone said private number so I figured it was from the local police dept. One of my kids hurt or.......? Of course I was sound asleep and the guy identified himself as a sargent in the police dept. and asked me my name, address , etc.

He told me he had a RIA pistol they had taken from a guy in a stolen car. I have 2 stolen RIA pistols and one is a full sized 10mm and the other one an officers in .45. He said it was the .45. Told me I would get a call in the morning. Well!!!

Talked to a local sheriff here and he gave me info on what happens so to speak.

Got the call at noon today from a different officer and had a good chat with him. It was taken from a Gonzales (last name) after they busted him in a stolen car. Glad to see it off the street and it will take awhile he said to get it back but hey at lest one of the six I'm missing has been found.

Funny how stolen guns get around.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
But the other one, probably lost to a window contractor seems gone for good.
If the Police were able to enter the serial # into NCIC, there is a good chance it will eventually showup.

·
Pulling my hair.
33,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Six stolen from you? Hate to be that dude if you ever catch up with him. Glad you get at least one back.
It was one of my sons. He is in jail now for drugs. Tears me up so bad........ The old squaw is going to the hospital in the morning for her drinking, can't hardly stand up at times.

Welcome to my world. Been like this for years. She has been to the hospital and rehab 10 times this year.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
I remember when you discussed this when it happened. Sorry to hear of the continued issues with the little lady. Glad to see they’ve gotten another stolen firearm off the street and hopefully you get it back also.

It doe make you wonder about the trip it has taken and where it’s been since it was stolen until it was recovered??

·
Super Moderator
25,466 Posts
Kind of a bittersweet posting.
I thought it was going to be like the call I got tonight.
Wanting to know if I would reelect Trump or vote for Sanders.
It of course started with press 2 for Spanish.
Then wanted me to press another number for Trump again another for Bernie and when another for other.
It came in from a number that was blocked as it said unknown number or private number or some such notification.
Anyone else get one of these calls or recordings?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Last night I got a call at 12:20 from the sheriffs dept in San Bernardino CA. My phone said private number so I figured it was from the local police dept. One of my kids hurt or.......? Of course I was sound asleep and the guy identified himself as a sargent in the police dept. and asked me my name, address , etc.

He told me he had a RIA pistol they had taken from a guy in a stolen car. I have 2 stolen RIA pistols and one is a full sized 10mm and the other one an officers in .45. He said it was the .45. Told me I would get a call in the morning. Well!!!

Talked to a local sheriff here and he gave me info on what happens so to speak.

Got the call at noon today from a different officer and had a good chat with him. It was taken from a Gonzales (last name) after they busted him in a stolen car. Glad to see it off the street and it will take awhile he said to get it back but hey at lest one of the six I'm missing has been found.

Funny how stolen guns get around.
glad to hear they found it. I live and work in riverside county, which is the county south of San Bernardino. If there is anything I can do for you to help out, feel free to reach out. Be glad to do what I can for you.

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
3,316 Posts
It was one of my sons. He is in jail now for drugs. Tears me up so bad........ The old squaw is going to the hospital in the morning for her drinking, can't hardly stand up at times.

Welcome to my world. Been like this for years. She has been to the hospital and rehab 10 times this year.
God Bless You, Limb. Patience does not need to be taught to you.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
sorry for your troubles @LK. hope they sort out soon and life gets back to "narmal" whatever that may be

I thought all stolen guns end up in chicago. yours must have been one that Holder sold to the mexicans. hope it comes home soon--in good condition too

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Good news on the pistol . This could be the rehab trip that works. But after rehab she will need AA meetings 12/27/87 will be 32 years for me. AA works one day at a time . I was hopeless at one time . Now life is good. Thanks man for all you do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.