1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not real familiar with this firearm and just wondering if anybody has or have had one & your opinion of it. I got a super great price on it and I like the looks of it. The only thing I wish would be for a naked slide. IT's a WC ULC 9mm FS.

It's a full size 9mm and the price was so right that I'm considering sending it back to WC to fit a 38 super barrel & make it a 9mm/38S convertible. Any thoughts about that since it has an aluminum frame?

If I did this, I'd still be way below the MSRP on the firearm alone. Any thoughts or opinions would be more than welcome. Thanks Brothers.
BTW, may you & your family have a great safe merry Xmas.

"Blessings"
JD
Trigger Shotgun Tan Metal Gun accessory
Gun Brown Firearm Photograph White
Metal Aluminium Steel Silver Engineering
Gun Firearm White Trigger Line

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I wouldn't worry about shooting 38 super with an aluminum frame, I have a couple alloy frame supers.

I would get the frame refinished, that's horrific in my opinion and why you,got the deal.

Maybe add a magwell at the same time.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Congrats, sweet pistol,
Only time I see one, is on other addicts posts, Or when the budget is hotdogs and ramen and hotdogs are every third day LOL
Again congrats, It Should be a great CCW piece.

·
Super Moderator
25,461 Posts
Asking if anyone has one on this forum is funny .
I would get the frame refinished, that's horrific in my opinion
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^100%
Exactly what I wanted to say.

You can also have them clean up the slide while it's at Wilson. Plus that magwell as suggested above.

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Jim I am not sure you will like this one buddy. Have them AT the frame in gray and send it my way for testing, I will provide you with sufficient written documentation regarding fit, function, accuracy, etc...

Great score there buddy, congrats! While I really only prefer gray (colored) guns that finish is nicer in person, you will like it. Magwell would look great but I am not sure if they can add one with the round butt. Don’t really need to do anything else looks great as is and would be an excellent choice as a convertible imo!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Sweet pistol brother, congrats and Merry Christmas!

·
Enabler
3,544 Posts
Maybe swap some black grips onto it and call it a day.

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice score there OP.. I'm sure you'll have no issues if you have a .38 Super barrel fit to it. I have a Wilson Combat CQB lightweight compact that came from WC as a .38 Super / 9MM convertible. While I carry it mostly with the .38 Super barrel installed, it runs just fine with the 9MM barrel too.
I also have a WC ULCC with most of the same features as your new ULC. Mine was black AT over gray AT. It's currently at Wilson's facility being refinished in all black AT, and getting a gold bead front sight installed and zeroed.

·
born in the wrong century
8,959 Posts
Great looking gun. I'd keep the 2-tone but do so with gray Armor Tuff frame refinish.

I know nothing about the .38 Super aspects. Zero experience with it......yet. I'm sure one day I'll give it a try.

If it was an off the shelf basic 1911, then the 9mm feeding may concern me and the 38 Super case length would give me more confidence. It's a well made gun and vetted by WC quality assurance. I'd feel confident in 9mm.

Reactions: simonp

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,518 Posts
I wouldn't worry about shooting 38 super with an aluminum frame, I have a couple alloy frame supers.

I would get the frame refinished, that's horrific in my opinion and why you,got the deal.

Maybe add a magwell at the same time.
The first thing that popped at me was the color. I like it a lot. I’ve seen it with black grips and didn’t like it. The wood grips does it right!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.