1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my FFL did anyway! LOL

I received my DW Guardian today. My initial thoughts when I was just handling it at the range were that this thing is put together nice! Very very great fit, and the finish seems very durable. After picking it up I ran to the range for a quick 100 rounds of WWB and a mag of Gold dots just to make sure it functioned right, and would be safe for carry.

I got to the range and decided to just run the rounds through it very quickly just to see how it would function. There was less than a second gap between shots. I was very very impressed with the reliability, durability, and accuracy of this firearm. This is probably if the nicest, one of the nice gun I have ever shot just right out of the box! It has already became my new daily carry choice!

Dave at DRC is a great guy to deal with. The service was great, and I couldn't have asked for a better transaction!

Now on to the pictures.

Pictures at the range. Remember these were very fast paced shots and there wasn't a single hiccup.

Here she is her new home, my C5 Montana carry rig. Of course she had to be dressed up with some kick butt VZ Grips!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats, looks like nice pistol.

·
Forum Sponsor
517 Posts
Glad you got it and are happy with it, Trent......They are a pretty nice pistol. Enjoy it, my friend!!

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Cuong I got one in. Need to fit it, which is something I don't know if I will be able to do, but we will see...

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
It's not that bad. Just closely look over your stock DW TS, and you'll see where the safety block was filed off to engage the sear. Just mimic that notch. Go slowly and keep on testing the progress. Don't just ham-fist it and take it down to the level you "think" it should be at.

Take off the grip panels to help you see where it's making contact.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Congrats! I'm glad you changed the grips. 100% improvement. The DW grips are as ugly as the Colt Wiley Clapp grips.

·
Anger Management Graduate
394 Posts
Now that I have 2, I'm kinda getting hooked on Dan Wessons.

claire

·
Schütze
2,678 Posts
Nice looking pistol, always replacing my ambi's it seems. I've got it down to a science now and never screw one up. Well there was that time a car pulled out in front of me when taking one over to Jay... Hahaha aha.. Ron

·
What No Delete Button?
348 Posts
Awesome lookin pistol! Though I'm a big fan of wood grips, the other pair looks just fine also. DW's are great pistols and folks love em..Congrats on the pistol, enjoy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts