1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well peeps I got my feet wet yesterday afternoon. A while back it dawned on me that my Range Officer had a cheap no name hammer spring in it, and I thought that's not kool and I ordered a Wolff spring for the pistol. Before yesterday all I could do besides a detail strip was take out the firing pin and extractor, well I watched you tube videos on replacing hammer springs till I was blue in the face and I had a guy that knew how to do it stand over my shoulder to make sure I didn't screw up and I changed out the spring. It was a piece of cake really, so now I have that under my belt:thumb:

·
Bullet Banger
2,202 Posts
Congrats. Sometimes you just gotta jump in head first and take the plunge. Feels good, don't it.

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
JMB does know how to build a gun! Pure genius!

Did you know that you can use an empty 45 case as a back up spring plug? Or that the GI can be taken apart w/o any tools? All needed tools are part of the gun...

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
Back in the day,I could even do my own trigger jobs.

These days I buy Baers so I don't have to! :biggrin1:

But detail stripping is something that every 1911 owner should know how to do.
Even if you only take 'em down to the frame every 5k like I do,it's a skill set we all need to have.

DAT85

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JMB does know how to build a gun! Pure genius!

Did you know that you can use an empty 45 case as a back up spring plug? Or that the GI can be taken apart w/o any tools? All needed tools are part of the gun...
I didn't know about the empty 45 case as a back up spring plug for sure, I do know that the GI can be taken apart w/o any tools:thumb:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back in the day,I could even do my own trigger jobs.

These days I buy Baers so I don't have to! :biggrin1:

But detail stripping is something that every 1911 owner should know how to do.
Even if you only take 'em down to the frame every 5k like I do,it's a skill set we all need to have.

DAT85
Detail stripping is next my friend:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts