1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally happened. Years ago I remember seeing the grp in the cover of a magazine and thought to myself how cool it looked... then I saw the price and said I'd never pay that for a gun...

I also remember looking at Ed browns, les baers, Wilson combats saying who the hell would buy these outrageously priced pistols? My 500 dollar used Taurus 1911 works great!

Well... that was about 10 years ago. Now I'm one of the guys my younger me used to wonder about.

Picked this out of a local shop here. I like the unique look of this grp. Reminds me of my little sig p380 equinox...

I have some norma 45 ammo coming in tomorrow and I'll take her shooting. I can't wait...

It does suck I'm a lefty and will need to send it in to them to get an ambi safety put on. I called and I'm looking at around 6 to 8 week wait time for that.

Here she is!
20201030_163406-01.jpg
20201030_163858-01.jpg

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hell yeah!!! Nice score.

A local smith could probably turn around and ambi install in a few days. Not a lot of fitting to do if any.

You'll have to lose the grips with an ambi

Reactions: Eddie D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell yeah!!! Nice score.

A local smith could probably turn around and ambi install in a few days. Not a lot of fitting to do if any.

You'll have to lose the grips with an ambi
They can't modify that grip? Or i wonder if nh offers an ambi version of it? Cuz I like them.

·
Pearl Pimp
2,479 Posts
That is a gorgeous gun, sir! I'm going to bet you have more Nighthawk pistols in your future!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Grip mod might be possible

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Congratulations, but watch out! A year ago I didn't own a Nighthawk. Now I have four! If I wasn't so lazy, I'd snap some pictures! Enjoy!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm putting an order in for an acw brimstone.

After that, I might go for that colt 70 series that nh offers.

I used to be big into rifles (still am) but its hard to find a place in South Florida to stretch your legs anything past 100...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
That sir is a beautiful gun. I have my first one incoming next week hopefully!!

Reactions: Eddie D

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I have to say I was in a ffl on Thursday to do a ppt (selling) and the dealer handed me a grp railed recon to handle - very nice. I’ve toyed with using their gunsmithing program to get a 9mm NH here in ca but so far the price has stopped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Dub

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have to say I was in a ffl on Thursday to do a ppt (selling) and the dealer handed me a grp railed recon to handle - very nice. I’ve toyed with using their gunsmithing program to get a 9mm NH here in ca but so far the price has stopped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My GRP Recon is very well built, as expected. It’s not the on roster version but it is .45
811B2A41-7A60-4E15-8D0C-3E237BD22EA2.jpeg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So a little range report...

Shot 100 rounds of Norma ammo today (didn't know they made pistol ammo, great quality).

This thing is a laser... I was shooting slightly left but that could be me (lefty)

I know they say it's not the gun, its the shooter.... but... I never shoot my striker pistols this good. Especially glocks.

7 yards just makes 1 big hole.

25 yards I'm still pretty darn close (size of a palm at slow rate)

The magic for me happened at faster shooting. I did my usual 7 (then 10) yard 2 chest 1 head drill and this thing was pretty much shot where i aimed. The long radius, the sight and easy trigger makes me feel like I'm cheating.

I never felt so confident shooting a pistol before. I would absolutely trust my life to this gun. Just amazing how I could put any round where I wanted it.

Just gotta see why I'm pulling to the left at 25 yards (only by few inches)

I'm buying another. I don't think I'll ever buy another striker pistol again. Lol
IMG-20201101-WA0016.jpg
20201101_155746.jpg
IMG-20201101-WA0022.jpg

·
born in the wrong century
4,051 Posts
Sweet pistol and great shooting.

I join you in having no desire to ever fool with another striker fired gun again.

·
Enthusiast
74 Posts
Don’t know where you wound up on the safety, but I used the Wilson with no leg on a Wiley Clapp gun I did not want to cut the grip . On another Colt, I was able to relieve those Railscales grips to fit the leg on a safety, though. I use a Dremel with a router attachment and went very slowly as the are thin.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
So a little range report...

Shot 100 rounds of Norma ammo today (didn't know they made pistol ammo, great quality).

This thing is a laser... I was shooting slightly left but that could be me (lefty)

I know they say it's not the gun, its the shooter.... but... I never shoot my striker pistols this good. Especially glocks.

7 yards just makes 1 big hole.

25 yards I'm still pretty darn close (size of a palm at slow rate)

The magic for me happened at faster shooting. I did my usual 7 (then 10) yard 2 chest 1 head drill and this thing was pretty much shot where i aimed. The long radius, the sight and easy trigger makes me feel like I'm cheating.

I never felt so confident shooting a pistol before. I would absolutely trust my life to this gun. Just amazing how I could put any round where I wanted it.

Just gotta see why I'm pulling to the left at 25 yards (only by few inches)

I'm buying another. I don't think I'll ever buy another striker pistol again. Lol View attachment 635323 View attachment 635325 View attachment 635327

Nice shooting and congrats on the NH!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts