Got My RO Back Today!

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Fred_G, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    So, I sent my SA RO off to Steve at Integrity Arms a while back. Initially, it went for the front strap to be checkered, and the gun re parkerized. This 'evolved' quite a bit, I will post pictures and details after I get it to the range (hopefully Friday).

Initial out of the box opinion? Wow. This thing came back as a totally different feeling gun, looks great, feels awesome doing some dry firing. Steve was a great guy to deal with, this was my first time sending a gun for custom work, and he was very helpful.

Like I said, more details to come, but I will say that I think I see flat triggers on all my 1911's in the future. I will have to get some cash together, but I think my next 1911 will be a full custom by Steve. I mean, every 1911 owner needs a gun in .45 ACP right?

Wake27, ronin11, fieldgrade and 7 others like this.
  2. salelcid

salelcid Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 28, 2015

3. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    salelcid likes this.
  4. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    I refuse to comment in this thread 'til I see pics!

Oh wait, DANGIT!:madashell:

Steve Owens likes this.
  5. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    Oh, I will post picts, but I want to post them with targets, with holes in them...

limbkiller and Steve Owens like this.
  6. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    IMG_0328.JPG OK, hit the indoor range today to test it out. Luckily, I was the only one shooting today, so the noise was not too bad. The gun shot very well! I had a few fliers, but those were me, not the gun. First 50 rounds at 21 ft.
    IMG_0325.JPG

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  7. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    Having a bit of trouble with text and photos, the next picts are the target after about 80 rounds. The checkering on the front strap is perfect. Great grip, does not feel like a cheese grater... I am really liking the flat trigger now, I think I will be ordering another one for my DW. IMG_0332.JPG

wrmiller and ORShooter like this.
  8. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Good shooting! Glad to see it's working out for you.:thumbs:

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    As I mentioned, this started with just a front strap checkering and a park refinish. Seems Springfield did not pin the ejector on this gun, so when Steve was getting it off, it broke, no big deal, I knew things would most likely come up, especially since he had not looked at the gun before giving me an estimate. Anyway, I got to thinking about the cast parts, and Steve and I decided to replace the sear and disconnecter. He suggested a true Radius sear/trigger guard. OK. So a few more $'s...

Soon after this, I figured if I was in this much, might as well go for it. The only bad thing about dealing with a Smith out of town, is it costs over a hundred bucks for shipping, so if I wanted anything in the future, I would have to pay shipping again, so better to get it done in one trip.

So:

Front Strap checkering.
    Blend MS housing.
    New pinned ejector.
    Cylinder and Slide ignition kit w/ True Radius trigger job.
    WC flat trigger.
    Ed Brown thumb safety.
    Ed Brown slide stop.
    Refinish pistol and small parts.
    Blend rear slide.
    Minor feed ramp polish/reliability work.
    Disconnecter cut on slide.

Gun is super smooth, and with the FS checkering, flat trigger, and trigger job, the gun shoots much better.

Excellent work Mr. Owens! If any of you are considering some work on a gun, I highly recommend chatting with Steve.

Wake27, 1911 dawg, wrmiller and 3 others like this.
  10. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    You made a good decision to "go all the way" on the R.O. You now have a top quality 1911 keeper. Enjoy!

11. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I have yet to do that trigger for anyone who hasn't fell in love with it. I like flat triggers, but the serrations and the hard fought fit on these triggers make them something really special. No side to side or up and down movement make for a trigger that comes straight back every time eliminating many's habit of jerking the nose of the muzzle due to a loose trigger pad.

wrmiller likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted