·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05B835FD-1816-49FE-8AF1-F71D3004DB5D.jpeg
1FC31239-CB0B-45CA-B38B-79B89D19982C.jpeg
EF7A1A2D-1B8F-4DF3-84BE-9EA059DB96A8.jpeg
985079D8-FEF2-4707-B65C-51B7B6D24C7F.jpeg
This is a super nice full custom Colt 9mm by some highly regarded names in the business.
This pistol was originally built in 2007 as a light custom by Mark Graff with machining support by the great Chuck Rogers. I have confirmed the details with both parties. After some light usage, it was completely rebuilt, refinished and upgraded by Nighthawk Custom in 2019.

Mark Graff Work (www.graffcustom.com)
High cut, true and serrate front strap in a diamond pattern (front strap serrations machined by Chuck Rogers)
Sight cuts (Novak front and black YoBo rear)
Reliability tune
French Border
Ejection port lower
Ball endmill cuts Serrate rear of slide and extractor
Install CMC high grip safety
Dehorn and prep
Flatten and Checker mainspring housing
Machine bevel mag well (machining by Chuck Rogers)

In 2019 Nighthawk performed the following work (I have all documentation)

Hard fit ramped 9mm NM barrel and hard fit radiused bushing
Install EGW slide stop
Install Nighthawk thumb safety
Install Harrison smooth trigger with fixed overtravel stop
Install Nighthawk magazine release
Install Nighthawk checkered mag catch
Install new Gold Bead front sight to sight in properly at 25 yards
Dehorn, prep and refinish in Black Nitride (except for bushing, hammer, sear and trigger)

The pistol is stunning. It wears Ahrends figured wood grips and the nitride is a beautiful smooth deep satin finish. It has a crisp 3# trigger pull with Wilson hammer and sear.

It appears "like new" since the NH custom work with only signs of testfire.
I have all NH paperwork and test targets. I do not have the Graff/Rogers invoices but do have correspondence from both.

The barrel is “hard fit” tight but the slide/frame has a smooth slide to frame fit for best reliability with low powered practice ammunition. It is proven 100% reliable with the supplied CMC 9mm magazine

$2750 shipped with nylon case and 1 magazine.

F&F pp preferred

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Wow man that is a stunning gun. That nitride finish makes the gun look like it just got pulled it out of a vat of used motor oil. That will be gone by morning.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,000 Posts
That was well bought. I have a Colt Commander at NH now with a work order of $2,700 plus I paid $1,350 for the gun do the math

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
That was well bought. I have a Colt Commander at NH now with a work order of $2,700 plus I paid $1,350 for the gun do the math
Yeah, buying it was a no brainer - one of the more painful losses due to Kalifornia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts