Grandma's Gun Class is Bada$$

Discussion in 'Training' started by TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot, Jan 20, 2019.

1. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    Every Sunday afternoon Pistol Annie goes to a gun class from noon to 6:00. (When I'm in GA I go, too.) I've taken to calling it Grandma's Gun Class because of the 12-15 regular attendees about 60% are women ranging in age from late 40s to early 70s. (At least 1/3 of the women are well past 65. I'm positive only about 1 being <50.)

This is the most awesome group of women I have ever seen. Today's class started - STARTED - with the Air Marshall qualification. These are not professional, long-term shooters. Some have been at it 4-5 years, but many are 1-3 years and a couple are just 12-18 months.

This is not a "Here ya go, Sweetie. Let me load that there gun for ya and let's see if you can point it down range" kinda class. This is not a "womens" class. There are several Sharp Shooter- and Expert-level men in the class, and the occasional Master-level guest who shows up.

As a consequence of this, these ladies routinely shoot 1" targets at 5 yds, do reactionary drills with sub-.25 sec times and recoil management drills at 4 rds/sec. They do box drills shooting on the move. They run IDPA-style stages in sub-20 secs with 2 or 3 down. They score 55+ on FBI quals, and they shoot Air Marshall/GA POST qualifications.

It's astounding, it's astonishing, and it's genuinely inspiring. Because some days - like today - it's a tough, tough class. But they all keep going and woe be unto your sorry butt if you ever end up staring at one of these ladies on the wrong side of a criminal assault.

I wish every woman could see this - a group of 65yo+ grandmas doing a darned good John Wick impersonation. There's no need to be vulnerable, or to go around begging for "empowerment" from the government or whatever.

Empower yourself. Go to church on Sunday mornings if you like, but after church go to Grandma's Gun Class and make the world a better place.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2. yrualeg1

yrualeg1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    This is my friend and former Assistant Match Director Doug's class....He's a fantastic instructor. And he'll work your A%% off.

3. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

Dec 28, 2017
    He's the best all-around shooting coach I've ever seen.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

4. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    I keep thinking about starting an indoor range here...Hmmm.

yrualeg1 likes this.
  5. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

Dec 28, 2017

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted