1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Oil runs, grease sits. It really depends on climate / carry style, But I switched to oil exclusively after a range trip doing 3-400 rounds with grease.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Remember the old saying, "Expensive fishing lures catch more hopeful fishermen than fish" ???

That's my plight.

Grins emerge as soon as some new snake oil arrives at my hacienda. USPS, UPS & FeEx prolly wondering what is dis guy doing with all this lube ????????

Different horses for different courses.

I do use some grease during break-ins with 1911's.....especially the stainless Dan Wessons.

Once they have reached the point where I feel good about carrying them the grease is not used. Just some quality gun oil.

I run 'em wet during break in sessions. Seems to prevent the angst depicted in this meme:

Missing from the pics are the numerous bottles of Gibbs & Gun Butter that I've been adding to the stash since my first 'Hawk arrived from the Mothership. Gonna run my NHC pistolas with that combination for a while and see how it goes.
You know I have to ask........

Is that an Ed Brown suppository? ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use ballistic to clean ,Mil-con on slide or frame and oil on Barrel, bushing,lugs takedown pin and mil-con on the saftey portion of take don pin

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I use ballistic to clean ,Mil-con on slide or frame and oil on Barrel, bushing,lugs takedown pin and mil-con on the saftey portion of take don pin
Does that mean you use the mil-con grease on the slide and frame safety & take don pin, the mil-con oil on the other parts?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts