Great charity partnership for US Military currently serving

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by ShooterScott, Nov 23, 2017.

1. ShooterScott

ShooterScott New Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Found a pretty good charity partnership on an outdoor site that sends packages to those serving overseas for the holidays with each purchase. I know many people who were in the military and I'm sure would have loved to receive something like this:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/operation-gift17.html

Mikey421 likes this.
  2. Mikey421

Mikey421 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Christmas for deploying troops is usually just a ‘festive’ meal ( if available) and maybe a treat from the units chain of command, again if available. A care package from stateside is always welcome and appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LPRoad likes this.

3. crayj46

crayj46 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    my first Christmas in RVN grade school kids sent home baked cookies. super appreciated. the next 2 Christmas times we got zip, nada LOL

Mikey421 likes this.
  4. Mikey421

Feb 22, 2014
    That must have sucked bad!!! Three tours in the RVN, I salute you Sir. You have walked the walk my friend

limbkiller likes this.
  5. crayj46

Aug 12, 2017
    well, i knew after one tour i'd just have to come back after 6 months stateside duty. i had become a heathen and wouldn't have liked stateside duty much at all. so...i stayed 29 months 14 days in country. most alive i have ever been LOL

nothing to salute, i held my hand up and took the oath, it was my job for the next 4 years. but i thank you just the same

Mikey421 likes this.
  6. crayj46

Aug 12, 2017
    ah, i see you were in the sand box. nasty business, glad you made it

Mikey421 likes this.
  7. Mikey421

Feb 22, 2014
    I was, and it was. Thanks. I keep the guns as a way to remind myself of my friends who didn’t get to walk out of that place.

limbkiller likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted