Great customer service starts with answering the phone!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by WC145, Dec 1, 2018.

1. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Here's a lesson to Ed Brown and any other gun company that chooses to replace a human being answering customer service calls with an answering system -
    A squad of Marines had an issue with their Barrett .50 in a fire fight, it wasn't functioning properly, wouldn't fire, and they couldn't figure it out so they called Barrett Customer Service. From the sandbox, in the middle of a fire fight. The guy that answered the phone was a Marine that had worked for Barrett for 17 years, he diagnosed the problem and talked them through a tool-less repair that quickly got their .50 back in the fight. What might have happened if Barrett's policy was for their customers to leave a message so they could get back to them at their convenience??

I might never need to speak to the manufacturers about repairs on any of my guns, and if I do it probably won't be while bullets are flying. But, when I call and I have a question or need help it's important to me that I get to speak to a knowledgeable human being and this is why customer service policies and reputations have an impact on who I buy from. Kudos to Barrett for being on top of their CS game!

https://tribunist.com/military/barr...KHzUBWpJr6uv_Wp0HeV8biOfhx90YtvU6GZtEwJa8G5Us

2. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015

3. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
  4. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Watched first hand as Bob @NighthawkRep took a call while giving us a tour, having to answer a question about whether or not the customer had to lube before first test fire and if NHC guns required a break-in.

Had a group of 12+ and still answered a call. That’s first class customer service.

Capthobo, Kip, FWoo45 and 8 others like this.
  5. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    That's how you do it, Bob made an impression on the customer that called as well as your tour group, a CS win-win.
    I read a post the other day from someone that called Baer and Les answered the phone and from what I've read in the past that's not uncommon.

Mike Meints, Kip, FWoo45 and 5 others like this.
  6. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    Bob @NighthawkRep called me on a weekend to walk me through an issue I had.
    Doesn't get any better than that!

WC145, Mike Meints, Kip and 5 others like this.
  7. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Awesome story @WC145 thanks for posting

WC145 and john_anch_ak like this.
  8. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Now that's how its done!

WC145 and Stogies like this.
  9. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I have had good and bad experience with Cs at many manufacturers and suppliers especially when you average speaking to someone at least once a week from multiple suppliers or manufacturers. And my experience as a whole is that them that are good are good, and those who are bad are really, really bad.. Unfortunately as well not every representative of a company is as attentive and willing to help like another. But, bad CS is usually across the board as it trickles down from the leadership of the business.

I have had a bad experience with a CS department from one company that I had a great experience with multiple times before, I usually try to get the persons name and if I get someone else I have had not such a good experience with I will call back and ask for the person who is willing to listen and take care of my needs. Unfortunately all people do not carry the same values and concerns as the another might.

WC145 and TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot like this.
  10. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    100% True Story,, This is a great fact to point out thanks for sharing this. Some companies care about their customers 1st, and others care about their profits 1st, however those that care about their profits first don't seem to connect the dots that the customer is the reason for the profits... That is First Grade Math Right There~!

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot likes this.
  11. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    It can make or break brand loyalty, for a lifetime.

12. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    So I read about six gun rags a month. This month, two of them, Guns and Ammo, and Shooting Times, are no shows. Last weekend I emailed Intermedia, who publishes both, and got a polite, computer generated message. Wednesday, I emailed again and got another canned response. A week later I have no magazines and no real contact from them. Considering that they are as much about promoting the products of their advertisers as unbiased reviews I suppose I don't need to renew them next year.

ZoidMeister and WC145 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted