Great day at the range

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by MusProd, Feb 4, 2012.

1. MusProd

MusProd Member

Oct 10, 2011
    As I haven't posted very much on this very neat forum, I thought I would crow here versus at another site.

I was at the (indoor) range today and had a really good day. I usually don't shoot my .22 and center fires equally well the same day, but today was the exception. It was a terrific day with both today.

I shot my High Standard Victor from my bull"s- eye days first, putting 50 rounds into each of two targets forming a nice small hole in each, except for 1 flier about 1 inch because I let myself get distracted by a target being run out at the adjacent lane. The Victor is surprisingly like a 1911, and even if not, it is a favorite to shoot.

I then switched to my Springer SS 1911 Loaded Target 9mm. 20 rounds this time into two targets, and again, two targets with one hole in each (no fliers). Everything just was right. I saw the front sight sharply, an accomplishment with my eyes, and my grip and trigger control were just "naturally" right. All shots were in continuous, moderately fast strings, so I was extremely pleased with myself

I finished the range session with just one magazine through my 9mm SIG P239 shooting quickly. Not one hole, but all within 2x3 inches firing very quickly at 10 yards.

I slept very well last night, felt great, and the results at the range reflected this as well as all the dry fire practice that I have been doing.

MP

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    sounds like a good range day :)

3. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Good day for sure....:thumb:

4. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    It's nice when it all kind of comes together like that. :thumb:

Andy

5. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    Sounds like a Great Day! It's nice when a plan comes together.
    Bill

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted