NRA Life Member
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Vehicle door Ceiling Car seat
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Glass Windscreen wiper Hood
Automotive window part
Steering wheel Windshield Steering part Automotive window part Vehicle door
T-shirt Jaw Audio accessory Air travel Cabin
Hey fellas got this gun rack for my Nissan Frontier. Holds a BCM 16in Light weight tucked up under the headliner real nice. I have a concealed weapons permit and I live in two counties of FL. Hernando & Broward County with 90% of my living in Broward. Any LEOs out there that think this would be ok to drive around with full time. What’s nice is you can’t see it unless you stick your head in my vehicle. Oh course if brought in for any vehicle service the rack will be removed.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I feel like low to ground cars driving beside you would be able to see it and make your vehicle while parked a target for robbery. Is there a secure locking mechanism on that unit? I thought about one of these for my 2500 but decided against it due to the height of the vehicle.

·
Banned
288 Posts
View attachment 381599 View attachment 381601 View attachment 381603 View attachment 381605 View attachment 381607 Hey fellas got this gun rack for my Nissan Frontier. Holds a BCM 16in Light weight tucked up under the headliner real nice. I have a concealed weapons permit and I live in two counties of FL. Hernando & Broward County with 90% of my living in Broward. Any LEOs out there that think this would be ok to drive around with full time. What’s nice is you can’t see it unless you stick your head in my vehicle. Oh course if brought in for any vehicle service the rack will be removed.
It looks nice. I don't mean to be D. Downer, but:

(1) I think it'd be visible to anyone peering in the side windows. Even if it locks, you may be dealing with regularly smashed windows. You might be OK with a dark tint.

(2) I would mount it with the muzzle pointing the other way. Unless it's intended for passenger use, it will be pointing at you and whoever pulls you over. I'm unsure any degree of 'splainin will make pointing a rifle at a LEO OK. You will certainly get enhanced scrutiny.

(3) Does it leave you enough headroom? It kinda looks like a hard stop might scalp you.

(4) Do you think you need instant access? How often are the rear seats used? You might be better off mounting a floor box across the rear footwells, where the weapon and mags are together and completely concealed.

(5) If there's enough headroom, this would be a good place in a hunting rig.

Just my thoughts...

·
NRA Life Member
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only thought would be muzzle pointed at an officer if you were approached.

mother than that, I need info on where you got the rack
Thanks for your input! Luckily the officer wouldn't see it unless he stuck his head into the vehicle. I would keep the mag in the drivers door pocket. I also have tinted windows and you can't see it from the sides the front or the back. I bought from a place called www.carid.com but for some reason they are made for a few specific vehicles. But if you have similar B pillars this might work for you if you measure. When you get on there site do a search for gun racks and you'll see it.

·
NRA Life Member
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel like low to ground cars driving beside you would be able to see it and make your vehicle while parked a target for robbery. Is there a secure locking mechanism on that unit? I thought about one of these for my 2500 but decided against it due to the height of the vehicle.
Thanks for your input. I have tinted windows and is parked in my garage on the west coast and I live in a gated community on the east coast. Any dealer servicing I need can be taken down without too much effort. No there is no locking mechanism.

·
NRA Life Member
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks nice. I don't mean to be D. Downer, but:

(1) I think it'd be visible to anyone peering in the side windows. Even if it locks, you may be dealing with regularly smashed windows. You might be OK with a dark tint.

(2) I would mount it with the muzzle pointing the other way. Unless it's intended for passenger use, it will be pointing at you and whoever pulls you over. I'm unsure any degree of 'splainin will make pointing a rifle at a LEO OK. You will certainly get enhanced scrutiny.

(3) Does it leave you enough headroom? It kinda looks like a hard stop might scalp you.

(4) Do you think you need instant access? How often are the rear seats used? You might be better off mounting a floor box across the rear footwells, where the weapon and mags are together and completely concealed.

(5) If there's enough headroom, this would be a good place in a hunting rig.

Just my thoughts...
Thanks for your input I have tinted windows and it can't be seen unless someone sticks there head in the window. I don't drive with the windows down (noise). I like it the way its mounted for easy access to punch it out the door. I'm about 5.7 so no problem with headroom. Did have to use some pipe insulation foam around the hand guard and stock to firm up the tightness to the headliner. Don't have much room under the rear seats.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Cool idea for hunting rig or Ranch truck but I'd be more inclined to punch the gas if trouble came looking for me in my truck instead of engaging from my drivers side window...might be difficult to justify, just me, or Zombies....good for Zombies.

·
NRA Life Member
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool idea for hunting rig or Ranch truck but I'd be more inclined to punch the gas if trouble came looking for me in my truck instead of engaging from my drivers side window...might be difficult to justify, just me, or Zombies....good for Zombies.
Yes not looking for trouble but in this crazier as we speak world you never know

·
Registered
129 Posts
Saw this same rig in an FBI vehicle back in the 90’’s. Only difference was they had a canvas cover Velcro’d over the guns and they an m4 and an mp-5 in the rack.

I bekieve adding a similar cover, reversing the guns, and locking the rack would be prudent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.