close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greetings from New York

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by minderasr, Aug 20, 2011.

1. minderasr

minderasr Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Greetings and salutations. Saw a link on another forum and thought I'd give 1911addicts a shot. New to 1911s but not handguns, and it's become my favorite. In fact, I'm leaving for the range in a few minutes to put some much needed holes in paper via my SR1911.

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    :welcome:

Come back with a range report on the SR1911.
    Seems like they are hard to get right now.

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Howdy Pard! Cheers.. Ron

4. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Welcome. And please like Quack asked come back and gives us a range report.

5. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
  6. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome :wave:

7. minderasr

minderasr Member

Aug 20, 2011
    My range report is rather embarrassing. It's been too long since my last trip to the range, and it showed today. I started out shooting Hornady XTP +P (9096) 230 gr JHP (which was my first time shooting this round), followed by Federal (AE45A2) 230 gr FMJ, all at 15 yards. At first my groupings were crap, many shots were low. Once I settled down my accuracy improved...a LOT.

Bottom line the gun performed flawlessly, the shooter did not. Moral of the story? Practice, practice, PRACTICE!

:)

8. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    :welcome:

Post up some pics of the SR1911

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta & Hockey Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
  10. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    A bad day of shooting is still etter than a bad day of work

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Indeed.. Any day shooting in which nothing breaks and nobody get's hurt is a good day. My style of shooting is volley fire (100 rounds at 2 second intervals).. some call it "suppressive fire".. LOL.. Some days my 25 yard targets look like somebody took a shot gun to them.. LOL.. I call those my therapy days. I'm shooting for relaxation and ritual. Every now and again I'll walk up to the lane, mount the target and run it downrange, stack my magazines on the lane table, get out my hand towel and wipe off my hands, center my Springfield cap, get my eyeglasses adjusted properly, snug down my ears, adjust the volume, take a test sight picture, slam a magazine, slingshot, sight picture and the dance begins. Everything shifts to slow motion and I'm in the zone.. It's like some weird flashback where the world stands still with brass bouncing everywhere. I seem to have tunnel vision and all I see is a cone toward the target, an occasional flash, a puff of smoke and the paper move. The only respite is to drop a mag, slam another, slingshot the slide and the rhythm begins again. Suddenly it's over.. The pistol is hot enough to burn your hand, the lane table is strewn with empty magazines and I'm standing in brass. More often than not in silence..... Priceless.. Cheers.. Ron

12. alias

alias Dremel jockey

Aug 18, 2011

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  13. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Good to see you ME. I agree with Quack, a bad day of shooting beats most things. Glad to hear you are diggin' the SR1911. Seems to be a great gun from everthing I hear.

14. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  15. minderasr

minderasr Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I'll post them in the picture thread.

Truer words have not been said!

16. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Welcome! im org from NY myself Albany area, and up around Northville! Yup must ppl dont know once you get your permit for owning a handgun(which takes alot) in NY its also your CCW. least it was when i left. Well Hope your enjoying your SR1911 still waiting on some myself. Miss my home state LOL

17. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Welcome aboard! I've heard good things about the SR1911. :thumb:

Andy

18. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Welcome to the 1911 Addicts club! Great place to kick back and soak in some great info. Lots of good folks here, enjoy! Regards, Will

19. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
  20. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Welcome
    And +1 on the Post pics and a range report.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted