1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am relatively new to the 1911 scene. I only have plans (at the moment) to own one, possibly two, 1911's. A month ago or so, I bought a DW Vigil CCO. Since then I've discovered VZ and Woodcaliber grips. Between these two companies, I own SIX sets of grips for this single pistol. What the heck am I thinking? What's the reasoning? I can't put them all in the pistol at the same time. It's relatively easy to change out grips, but I don't do it regularly. So why own so many? Anybody else in this situation?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm the same way with my CZs. Looking at grips is completely different from actually using them at the range. A grip may look great but I won't know if it will be my go to grip on a pistol till I try it a few times at the range. So that leads to having a few different grips till I find the one I like.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Between these two companies, I own SIX sets of grips for this single pistol. What the heck am I thinking? What's the reasoning? I can't put them all in the pistol at the same time. It's relatively easy to change out grips, but I don't do it regularly. So why own so many? Anybody else in this situation?
Did you not get your JMB rights splained 2 U when you were welcomed in?

Like everyone else you get that 1st 1911, then you buy a single set of grips telling
yourself it's just temporary & I am in control. :confused: Bull Ship you have become
addicted, & the urges will just grow stronger.

After awhile you will have boxes of holsters, grips, triggers,grip screw O-Rings
Special spring kits & on & on & on. You see, you have been succumbed by the spirit of 1911.
We are a strange lot of castaways here, lost in the world of old machines & men with beards
oh never mind LOL.:pompus:

Continue at your own peril, you have been warned so remember take lot' s of pictures
of each new addition to your addiction. PS: Do not worry, no one here will ever
try to talk you out of you next 1911 or grips, not nothing just have fun :happy:

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
Only six sets of grips for a single pistol?...................... rookie!!!!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.