1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
We Are!
3,675 Posts
Complete guess for me, here...

Left - Tru Ivory
Middle - Elephant
Right - Mammoth

I have a set of Tru Ivories that are stark-white, wholly “unaged” and frankly a little plastic-looking. I understand they offered grips with some aging effect to them. I also have a set of elephant ivories that look a lot like your middle set.

But who knows? (Well, YOU do, of course LOL). I like all that you have pictured!

Reactions: Mtek

·
We Are!
3,675 Posts
Hey, cool!

I used to completely dislike grips like these, stags, etc. It was double-diamond checkered or nothing for me for a long time when it came to 1911 grips.

While I still like double-diamonds and checkering, I thankfully finally came around to other materials. The show “Longmire” and the main character’s stag-gripped 1911 played at least a little hand in that haha!

My set of Tru Ivories bears the Bar S Grips brand (IIRC - I’ll have to get them out to confirm that name). I understand Bar S has been out of business for a little while now. I’ve always heard great things about all things Boone Trading. I think I bought my wife a narwhal-pendant necklace from them a couple of years back, even.

Reactions: Mtek
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.