close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grip question

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by mdThanatos, Sep 15, 2011.

1. mdThanatos

mdThanatos Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Apparently my googlefu is out of whack because I cannot find the answer to my question. I have a Ruger GP100 that I have been letting my mom shoot. She thinks my .38's that I used to compete in CAS matches are too weak, likes .38 +P the most and even appreciates .357 magnum. The only gripe she has is the grip of the pistol is too short in length for her comfort.

I am wondering if there is a grip that extends a little longer at the bottom that would allow for more of the pinky to rest on, or would I need to look at a larger frame revolver. Reason why I ask is she held a S&W Governor and said the grip on that had a better feel since she could fully place her fingers on it.

I want to do this because I think it is awesome that she is finally getting in to shooting, she spent years in the Army and hated shooting, not to mention that even my pinky doesn't have quite enough room on it. She has even stated that she is thinking about getting her CHL and her own gun.

Right now my revolver has the factory Hogue monogrip on it if that helps with a size comparison.

Thanks in advance,

MD

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted