Les Baer Grip screw (replacements) for Les Baer

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Renegade4006, Nov 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Renegade4006

Renegade4006 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2018
    Over the weekend I picked up a lightly used Les Baer UTC. The previous owner had lost one of the grip screws. I saw it in the photos he had sent and forgot to mention it, and he had not realized it was gone.

So, I'm looking for a grip screw to fit the UTC. One of my local gun shops does carry some stuff from Wilson Combat and VZ but the selection is pretty limited and I am unsure if they have any grip screws. Is it possible that a matching (stainless steel) screw could be found at Ace Hardware??

p.s. I'd actually like to change over to "blued" grip screws but would be happy to find a stainless steel screw for now.

Thx

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm pretty sure someone here will send you one (or 4) grips screws. I would, but I have only hex heads. If you'd like 4 stainless or black hex heads let me know. I'd be happy to help you out ;)

Babboonbobo and Slapshot like this.

3. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian Pigtails and butter please...

Dec 9, 2013
    ^ That is a kind offer.

Or you could just go ahead and buy a new set of thin-grip style blued screws online. Probably <$10. Not much thinking or hand wringing required here. Enjoy your new Baer.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  4. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I think the UTC takes large head for thin grip screws. when I sold my grips I let the screws go with it.

5. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
  6. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    27075AFF-AA3C-49C1-9D62-A95DE63513A9.jpeg @Renegade4006, if you haven’t already gotten a reply on this - I have a set of thin Baer grip screws you can have. The TRS and UTC are identical, I believe, save the TR logos. When I got my TRS, I swapped to standard bushings and grips.

If you’d like the grip screws, I can get them to you via USPS pronto.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  7. Renegade4006

Feb 18, 2018
    As Whiten mentions in his response, the LB takes a grip screw that has a large diameter head. None of the grip screws I have in my parts box are the same as the LB screws.

For those who have offered to send/sell me their spares: I checked with my LGS today and they do carry some grip screws. I'll go by there this wknd and see if they have what I need. If not I will definitely be in contact with one of you, and thanks to all for the generous offers.

Dangerous Brian. For your information I did check online before posting this question. Could not find any with a description that specified a large diameter head so your snide comment "Not much thinking or hand wringing required here" is really not appreciated.

8. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian Pigtails and butter please...

Dec 9, 2013
    Great. Once you have the rest of that sand out of your vagina you ought to enjoy that Baer.

Have a nice evening. :thumbs:

BennyAdeline and ek42 like this.
  9. Renegade4006

Feb 18, 2018
    Ah DB, the old "sand in my vagina" line. Definitely an oldie but a goodie. No wonder you go by the username DANGEROUS Brian. I am simply no match for your biting sarcasm and rapier sharp wit. Why, I truly am humbled that someone of your obvious internet talents and wealth of knowledge would choose to grace a thread started by little old me.

Now, I'm tired and have a whole lot of other stuff going on that is way more important than bantering back and forth with you.

DB, be sure to get out your tally board and chalk this one up in your "internet keyboard battle" win column.

10. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I woulda called Brenda at Les Baer and bought some from Uncle Les.

11. ek42

ek42 ....front sight,press,repeat

Nov 26, 2011

Hahahahahahah sizzle

12. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Some of these threads turn crappy pretty quick! This is more drama than I care for most of the time but sometimes breaks up the monotony of the day, haha!!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted