1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting a smith and alexander one piece msh/magwell on a springer. If I do that, what kind of grips do I need? I'll be getting VZ slim grips no matter what.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
I'm thinking of putting a smith and alexander one piece msh/magwell on a springer. If I do that, what kind of grips do I need? I'll be getting VZ slim grips no matter what.
S&A makes magwells for slim grips. And you already said you are getting slim VZ grips. I’m not sure I’m following your question.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I like Tactical Diamonds in VZ line, but thats just my opinion.

·
born in the wrong century
4,328 Posts
I've used the S&A magwell with VZ Operator2 grips and the fit was excellent. Zero complaints.

The radius matches each other. These were standard thickness grips & magwell.

I'd call the fine folks at both S&A and VZ Grips to get specifics on slim grips.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking the grips need to be cut a certain way on the bottom. Not sure if I need standard cut or magwell cut. Seems like bevel cut would leave a gap.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Most, including myself, prefer a flat (Magwell) cut on the bottom of the grips for use with magwells. You can use beveled bottom grips with a magwell but it is not as aesthetically pleasing, at least in my opinion

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, magwell cut it is. I thought that made sense but VZ says they won’t work with internal magwell; wasn’t sure what that meant. Thank you for the help.

·
born in the wrong century
4,328 Posts
Ok, magwell cut it is. I thought that made sense but VZ says they won’t work with internal magwell; wasn’t sure what that meant. Thank you for the help.

One that modifies the frame itself.

A S&A won't disturb the frame. A phone-call to the two companies should be able to put you on just the grips you want.

I think VZ is running a 20% off sell right now, too....I think.....maybe.....

·
In Kentucky
9,298 Posts
I have a S&A magwell on my trp. I have Wilson combat g10 grips on it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Yep, Flat bottomed grips for a SA magwell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts