1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to meet @Gripwright today. You couldn’t ask for a nicer guy. While I was there I was fortunate enough to witness what happens to grips that don’t meet his standards. He grasp the grips firmly in his hand and hurls them down a hill in the woods behind his house. I watched a gorgeous but out of spec set of Honduran Rosewood grips make this trip today. I’m not going to lie, I considered climbing down the hill to get them !

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sooooo what’s the address? :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:
I asked how many grips might be down there and the reply was “hundreds”.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have been informed by Bob that a certain amount of the "Ravine Pile" are my ideas gone bad. :facepalm::(

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Great story and exactly what i would expect from him. I have been dealing with a few different grip vendors lately for various reasons. Some have been okay, one was terrible. We addicts are spoiled to know Bob. He is an absolute class act that provides a spectacular product. Doesn’t get much better than that...

·
Dremel jockey
4,005 Posts
35 yrs ago or so, I had a shop on the outskirts of what was then, a small town.
Prescott Valley, AZ.
I was building comped race guns, threading barrels for comps.
Manual lathe.
LOL, I threw a few Barsto's out the back door after a threading mistake.
I bet they're still out there.....somewhere.
Perhaps under the foundation of a building.
Thrown just right, with enough chutzpah, they'd make a undulating howl as they spun down range.

·
SHEEPLE HERDER
1,648 Posts
I got to meet @Gripwright today. You couldn’t ask for a nicer guy. While I was there I was fortunate enough to witness what happens to grips that don’t meet his standards. He grasp the grips firmly in his hand and hurls them down a hill in the woods behind his house. I watched a gorgeous but out of spec set of Honduran Rosewood grips make this trip today. I’m not going to lie, I considered climbing down the hill to get them !
CRAP!! Those were my Honduran Rosewood grips.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CRAP!! Those were my Honduran Rosewood grips.
I think the take away here is that if they aren’t right Gripwright ain’t going to send you bullshit.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Great to meet you too, Lou! We need to organize a 'Bama Addicts shoot sometime.

About going down the hill...you'd have to fight the many raccoons for the diseased grips. I think they're making little condos out of them. National Geographic and Friends of the Trash-Pandas are coming out next week to document the evolution of my raccoons.

To all you guys who have grips in process, sorry for the scare. I see @barmandr knows, now.

I started doing the whirly-bird thing with the bad grips years ago. The kids used to say "Dad! There's nothing wrong with those!" and my response went something like"...well, they were just ugly." Out of sight, out of mind. That way I'm not tempted to try to make them work as something else.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Lou1 I see why you were tempted to climb down after them.
I’m still wondering if @Gripwright would notice if somebody with a miners helmet light was climbing around down the hill behind his house.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I
Great to meet you too, Lou! We need to organize a 'Bama Addicts shoot sometime.

About going down the hill...you'd have to fight the many raccoons for the diseased grips. I think they're making little condos out of them. National Geographic and Friends of the Trash-Pandas are coming out next week to document the evolution of my raccoons.

To all you guys who have grips in process, sorry for the scare. I see @barmandr knows, now.

I started doing the whirly-bird thing with the bad grips years ago. The kids used to say "Dad! There's nothing wrong with those!" and my response went something like"...well, they were just ugly." Out of sight, out of mind. That way I'm not tempted to try to make them work as something else.
I’d fight raccoons for your cast offs any day !

Reactions: Integrity Arms
1 - 20 of 77 Posts