Dan Wesson Guardian Dress up!! question????

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by TheCollector, Oct 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Ok, so the new DW Guardian arrived and my better half picked it up out of the case..... *end of story.. beginning of the saga*
    She would like it dressed up a bit and suited for her. So... extended slide release, extended mag. release, extended thumb safety (all SS) she is also thinking SS grip safety. :rolleyes:
    Here's the REAL question. Does anyone know of a parts maker that has a SS mainspring housing for the bobtail that doesn't require frame work?
    I want to be able to put all the original parts back on should I decide to RECLAIM it!!!! :sneaky:

2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Ed Brown bobtail MS housing should fit right in, also can be gotten with a design similar to the front strap on the Guardian.

3. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
  4. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I hear ya!!! :frown:

Kip likes this.
  5. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks Steve!!!
    Major Brain Fart for me not to think of that.... :facepalm:

6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Yup, Ed Brown. I particularly like the snakeskin.

Twins DW Guardian-004.JPG

Kip, Oldgunner, 41 Charlie and 2 others like this.
  7. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    you kept the grip safety from the guardian. I was thinking an Ed Brown... Steve Owen doesn't think its a drop in replacement.

Steve Owens likes this.
  8. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    They make a drop in and a gunsmith fit one from Ed Brown, but like I said I am pretty sure the tangs are done differently.. I have had an ed brown drop in and a gunsmith fit one and tbh was never impressed enough with either of them to ever use them. If it's the lines she want's those can be milled in to the EGW grip safety.. Like I was saying all the other parts cleaned up in the blasting cabinet and changed back to their SS. They are either tool steel or stainless to begin with. I think the ms housing might be aluminum though. I have an Ed Brown MS housing in my Guardian as well.

TheCollector likes this.
  9. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    What do you have there Zoid, a set of twins in different calibers?

10. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    Steve, I found this link... if you scroll down a few pics to the 2 Guardians, looks like they have Brown grip safeties.. http://serenitysys.com/shooting/shooting.html

11. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Why not order the parts from DW? They will more then likely sell you the parts to a stainless Vbob.

Stogies, Kip, ZoidMeister and 3 others like this.
  12. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Correct, I didn't change the grip safety. I was just responding to, "Here's the REAL question. Does anyone know of a parts maker that has a SS mainspring housing for the bobtail that doesn't require frame work?"

Ed Brown MSH's will be close enough. The fit won't require any additional blending, unless you are going for CCP or BEC perfection.

TheCollector likes this.
  13. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Yup, .45 and .38 Super. @Dwe has all three production calibers which includes 9mm.

Steve Owens likes this.
  14. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Let her look through the Cherokee Custom grips web site, or design her own. Contact @Gripwright here at addicts. She will love it.

15. Oldgunner

Mar 30, 2018
    Hey, Zoid. It looks like the blueing on the Ed Brown MSH matches the blueing on your DW Guardian really well. I'm thinking of going that route and thought I'd check with you first.

Steve Owens and ZoidMeister like this.
  16. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    They are very close, but not identical. Not enough that you would notice on first glance. DW frame finish is anodized aluminum I believe. The Ed Brown MSH's are steel and finished with their version of a Duty Coat finish.

Mike A and Steve Owens like this.
  17. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    That's Awesome, I only have the .45 but, I have to say it is probably my favorite habdgun over all. Would love to have a 9mm.

TheCollector likes this.
  18. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    I would get the Ed Brown MSH.
    They have been close enough to factory fit on my three Guardians just as the come!

19. Oldgunner

Mar 30, 2018
    Thanks, Zoid and Dwe. I'll go ahead and order one. BTW, my Guardian is a .38 Super.

20. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    ;)

TheCollector likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted